Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: YE 2022 CPQ Tier Points - 7500 away in 2022 for 23' Companion Pass - need an assist!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I think you're confusing things with the points earned from flights.  There are 2 opportunities to earn points when flying:

• If you use a Southwest credit card you will earn points for every dollar spent on flights from Southwest.  This is the actual purchase of the flight so you can earn credit card points for any tickets you buy regardless of who is flying.  You pay $5000 to fly your family to Hawaii?  You will earn points and bonus points for the $5000 you spent.  These points are generated from credit card spend so they post to your RR account shortly after your statement closing date along with all your other credit card spend points.  They are not separated from your other spend.
  • When you actually fly you earn points based on the fare paid and the fare class you purchased.  These points are shown underneath the price of the segment when shopping for flights as "earn xxx pts".  Only the person flying is eligible to earn these points and they are credited to your RR account after your trip completes.

For your upcoming 2023 trip you earned points when you made the purchase AND you will earn points when you fly.  All these points are companion pass qualifying and count towards the year in which they post to your RR account.  The points earned from flying are also tier qualifying points and help you earn A-List or A-List Preferred.

Once you have a solid number of points earned on your statement closing 12/18 come back if you need help with any remaining earning options.  I'm curious about how long the bonus from the flowers will take to post.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: YE 2022 CPQ Tier Points - 7500 away in 2022 for 23' Companion Pass - need an assist!

smg5209
Explorer B

Mind blown=problem solved.

Will do - and thanks.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Once you have a solid number of points earned on your statement closing 12/18 come back if you need help with any remaining earning options.  I'm curious about how long the bonus from the flowers will take to post.

--TheMiddleSeat

Unfortunately the advertised timeframe could be after the EOY so if the points don't come early it may be a nail-biter knowing that you could take action now to close the gap, but expecting to earn them as soon as the delivery processes.

have the flowers been delivered already? 

1-800-Flowers.com® Purchase of flowers completed in 2022* 6-8 weeks after delivery completed

@smg5209

@TheMiddleSeat
Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

smg5209
Explorer B

@DancingDavidE first order of flowers arrived yesterday Thurs 12/15 and second order arrived today.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@smg5209 wrote:

No good on the card bonus qualifier - says my card is ineligible. I think i should be good on points, I would hope as my CC spending on 2x items are pretty good given prior monthly statements. 

You were entirely correct - Chase will take 1-2 statements to process the change of a closing/statement date. 

Last question - really i have is given the YE Qualifying Transactions, it does say qualifying flight is flown in 2022.. so the Mexico trip that i booked on 12/14 (close is 12/18/22) a couple days back won't count at all towards this statement's CPQ's? 

On Chase CC under transaction details 12/13/22 transaction date//12/15/22 was posted date- it lists 3x SW pts as it seems to count the points..see below.

smg5209_0-1671214193889.png

However - under the Chase RR Recent Purchases, shows up as 0 pts -- so as you mentioned prior, it guess it qualifies for 2023.

smg5209_1-1671215120832.png

@TheMiddleSeat  THANK YOU for all of your help!! It's truly appreciated and big thanks to you!!

Happy Holidays

Here is the summary of "spend now, earn later" that will apply to CP even if the final determination is in 2023.

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/eoy-tier-communication.html

For instance if you realized at the last minute that you had a gap, you can rent a car or stay at a hotel - even if the points don't post for 6-8 weeks you'll get the CP retroactively.

But if I'm following the previous discussion you should make it when the flowers points hit?

smg5209
Explorer B

@DancingDavidE That is my understanding given 2 separate flower orders that qualified.. so I'd like to preserve any other bigger "spend items" if possible given a large amount of international travel next year that will happen regardless... hence CP importance 🙂

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@smg5209 wrote:

@DancingDavidE That is my understanding given 2 separate flower orders that qualified.. so I'd like to preserve any other bigger "spend items" if possible given a large amount of international travel next year that will happen regardless... hence CP importance 🙂

It seems like you've done everything from the description! Keep us posted. 

That sounds great, a bunch of international trips would sure add up quick on the CP. 

kmill
Explorer C

Late reply but may be helpful in future. SWA purchases are 3x points. I think when you purchased a SWA gift card with your credit card it would be 3x points. I missed realizing this until a day before my statement was closing. I would have bought 1/3 of my last points needed on a gift card but they couldn’t confidently answer if the charge would post in time (it was a weekend, my closing was 12/18)