Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

about registering for the Sept 2021 Companion Pass promo (JanFeb 2022)

longtimeLUVfan
Explorer C

I'm convinced that I clicked (in the SW email) to register for this Companion Pass promotion  but I never got an email acknowledgement for registering, nor did anything ever show in my RR account.    Does no-acknowledgement mean no-registration?   I booked & flew flights per the terms already, but am not sure about the whole thing.   Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: about registering for the Sept 2021 Companion Pass promo (JanFeb 2022)

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

In the FAQ for the promotion it said you should receive confirmation shortly after completing the required flights. I don't recall if there was confirmation of signing up for the promotion. 

"Once you are qualified for Promotional Companion Pass, meaning you registered, booked and traveled on a qualifying flight during the applicable dates specified in promotion terms and conditions, you will receive an email from Southwest that includes information on next steps and how to designate and utilize the Promotional Companion Pass. Marketing intends to send this email to all qualifying Members within 10 days after the second flight is completed."

--TheMiddleSeat

GurlDohc
Explorer C

I myself haven’t gotten any emails. I’ve registered and completed my travel and yet to get anything from the marketing department. I inquired and they sent me a case number but it’s been a month now and no response. I’ve already booked my travel for January and February 2022 but my companion is in limbo. So frustrating. By the time we get the pass, the flights will be sold out. Is that the plan since so many people participated?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@GurlDohc wrote:

I myself haven’t gotten any emails. I’ve registered and completed my travel and yet to get anything from the marketing department. I inquired and they sent me a case number but it’s been a month now and no response. I’ve already booked my travel for January and February 2022 but my companion is in limbo. So frustrating. By the time we get the pass, the flights will be sold out. Is that the plan since so many people participated?

There's a solution for this last aspect of limbo: book the companion now with points, then swap the reservation to companion when the time comes.

Otherwise it can be stressful, but often a seat or two opens up at T-24 when people start moving things around, get reminded about flights they forgot about, etc.

It will be a lot easier to plan having the reservation in points to hold the spot though or if something doesn't go right with the promotion.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

GurlDohc
Explorer C

Thank you. I surely will book with my points for now. Just frustrating. 

gsking
Aviator C

As has been said multiple times, you won't get the pass, and possibly notification, until January 6th.

And regardless, you can't book a ticket with a Companion Pass you don't have. Yes, there is a chance that the flights will book up. But unlikely. As was said, if you're worried, booked the flight with points and then cancel later.

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

I feel your pain, I registered myself, purchased and completed the required flights per the requirements, and have received no communication from SWA. My current companion pass still shows expiring on 12/31/2021. (I should make the the 125,000 point plateau by mid December,) but it pretty disappointing to receive no notification or acknowledgement that I completed the promotion and will have the ability to book my companion as advertised. (I have multiple flights booked in the 1st 2 months of 2022 and and simple acknowledgement or a response on social media to my posts would have been nice and professional.

Still optimistic but disappointed in the lack of communication.   

horst43
Explorer C

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having a similar issue I checked for my companion pass on Jan 6th and nothing.  I never got any emails that I registered sucessfully and I never got an acknowledgment that I completed my roundtrip after October 16th.   I called today and was put on hold while they researched for about 15 minutes.  When they came back online,  she said that I was not eligible because I never registered between 9/7 and 9/9.   I am 100% certain that I registered for the promotion on 9/9 and booked my flight at 11:30pm that evening right before it ended.  There was no point in arguing with her, it's my word against hers, but since I found this thread, it seems like I am not the only one that had this issue.  Thanks