Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

buy RR points with travel funds due to COVID please

peterga
Explorer C

Suggesstion.

BTW.   i had to register for this forum and was forced to disclose my Birthday.   Can't we just disclose our age or Decade?   If I get a smiley face on my birthday from some clown I will take revenge.   But I digress.  

I was forced to cancel a flight due to covid,    now I have travel funds.   I have recently (in the last few years) begun using points when I can for flights, purchasing more annually.    They are  very convenient and not that expensive.   I would recommend that the SWA folks let us convert these funds to purchase points.    MAFA = Make America Fly Again.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: buy RR points with travel funds due to COVID please

dfwskier
Aviator A

@peterga wrote:

Suggesstion.

BTW.   i had to register for this forum and was forced to disclose my Birthday.   Can't we just disclose our age or Decade?   If I get a smiley face on my birthday from some clown I will take revenge.   But I digress.  

I was forced to cancel a flight due to covid,    now I have travel funds.   I have recently (in the last few years) begun using points when I can for flights, purchasing more annually.    They are  very convenient and not that expensive.   I would recommend that the SWA folks let us convert these funds to purchase points.    MAFA = Make America Fly Again.

Because  the virus has caused so many  people to change travel plans Southwest has said it intends to allow people to use travel funds to buy RR points. It has not yet explained how to do so. So stay tuned.

Oh, and I've been on the forum for a few years. Had to disclose my birthday, too. Haven't received a birthday card  or emoji yet.  I think you are safe.

bec102896
Aviator A

Most websites that you join will ask for your birthday to make sure your of age to use that site. To me providing by birthday is the least of my worries when joining a website. I'd be more concerned if they wanted my credit card number to join a free site. 

Anyways with the converting travel funds to points that feature is still being worked on and should be available soon. I am guessing an email will go out once the feature is up and running so stay tuned. 

-Blake 

iaawe8286
Explorer B

I would not mind to make an announcement of my birthday on the professional website.

In fact, I enjoy receiving the e birthday card and greeting from various businesses.  I used to receive the e birthday card from SW but I can not recall if I get one during the pandemic year.

I received several birthday wishes and e card from other businesses in June as well usually.  

I love my birthday since it is the longest day of the year for the lucky 6/21.  😉