Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

companion pass

wblessingm
Explorer C

I was looking at Southwest hotels and noticed 2 prices for the same room at a hotel. One was $116 and you receive 3000 points. The other was $260 and you get 11000 points. Can the 11000 points be applied to my companion pass goal of 125000 points?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: companion pass

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Yes, points earned through hotel bookings completed after clicking on the hotel booking link on southwest.com do count towards Companion Pass.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Is 8000 points really worth the extra $144 though?

--TheMiddleSeat

gsking
Aviator C

That's a pretty simple way to bump up your CP points if you need them.   I'll have to remember it for the future.   It assumes of course you wanted the room anyways. 

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Is 8000 points really worth the extra $144 though?

--TheMiddleSeat

From a direct value standpoint,  8000 points is worth about $128 at 1.6 cents per point.   So it's not outrageous.   We got 1.8 cents per point with the Covid travel funds exchange, but that was a unique opportunity. 

wblessingm
Explorer C

If Im in a crunch to get the 125,000 in a calendar year is there a better way?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@wblessingm wrote:

If Im in a crunch to get the 125,000 in a calendar year is there a better way?

If you don't already have one, a Chase card is the way to go. There's one out there that will give you up to 80,000 CP qualifying points. Combine that with the 25,000 qualifying points SW is giving giving everyone this year, and you only need to net 20,000 more.