Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

early bird when flying with companion pass

njmlacroix
Explorer C

I am flying with my husband, who is using my Companion Pass. I can't seem to add "early bird" fees to my flight or my Companion. I've tried going both on my flight and his and I keep getting an error.  (We are unable to process your request)

2 REPLIES 2

Re: early bird when flying with companion pass

SWDigits
Aviator A

You should be able to do so for both of you (unless both of you both have A-List status, in which case you wouldn't need EarlyBird).  I'd get in touch with Southwest using one of the methods listed on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each forum page (Twitter reportedly gets the fastest repsonse, I've used the chat function within the app).

Customer | Home airport DCA

Re: early bird when flying with companion pass

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SWDigits wrote:

You should be able to do so for both of you (unless both of you both have A-List status, in which case you wouldn't need EarlyBird).  I'd get in touch with Southwest using one of the methods listed on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each forum page (Twitter reportedly gets the fastest repsonse, I've used the chat function within the app).

I hope this ends up being the solution - if either of you were A-list then the software will block the purchase of EB. I would suggest reaching out by live chat to confirm - they won't be able to add EB since they can't take payment. 

Twitter could also work if you use that platform - send them a direct message, don't put any identifying information on regular twitter timeline to see what the restriction is and add it if possible. Calling works too of course. Smiley LOL

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.