Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

flight credit

tonivictor
Explorer C

I cancel a flight to New Orlean I was getting a credit balance to apply to my next trip. When I try and book a flight the credit is not showing. Can someone please assist me with this problem

3 REPLIES 3

Re: flight credit

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

During checkout select "Apply Travel Funds" then enter the confirmation number and passenger name from the cancelled trip. The passenger name on the new reservation must match the cancelled reservation and travel for the new trip must complete within one year of the booking of the cancelled reservation.

Let me know if that helps. 

mikelytle
Explorer C

What if we lost track of the confirmation numbers? There is more than one flight.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@mikelytlewrote:

What if we lost track of the confirmation numbers? There is more than one flight.

Unlike some other carriers, Southwest doesn't offer a "credit bank" function, or any other way of keeping track of all credits in a passengers account.

Southwest requires passengers to track their own credits manually.

In the past, you could call and have them research credits by referencing the credit card used to make a purchase, but they've eliminated that option.

Currently, the booking notification advises:

Applying Travel Funds: In the event your travel plans change and you need to apply travel funds to future trips, please make note of your confirmation number. Customers calling Southwest to request a refund or to research travel funds for a specific ticket must provide their confirmation number, ticket number or flight information (date, origin and destination).