Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

how do I know the companion pass is active on my account

jb49
Explorer A

I've reached and paid more than the required $5000. How will I know the CP is active on my account?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: how do I know the companion pass is active on my account

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you are trying to qualify for CP based on a credit card promotion you will have to wait until your statement closes, then Chase will notify Southwest of the qualification.  Typically, a few days after your statement closing date that put you over the requirement threshold you will see a notice in My Account on southwest.com to designate your companion.  There is normally an email sent a day or two later too.

I'm not familiar with spend $5k, earn CP.  What were the terms of your promotion?

--TheMiddleSeat

jb49
Explorer A

The qualifications were that I opened a SW Chase card and spent $5000 within the first 3 months. I've met those requirements.

dfwskier
Aviator A

If those are the terms, you'll have to wait until after Chase issues the statement that takes you over the spend requirement.i

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

In your RR account you will have to assign  someone as your companion. Any existing flight reservation will have a box that says "Add Companion." if you have an active companion pass. 

jb49
Explorer A

I got the email that says the Companion Pass is now active. Some flights that we previously booked have the "Add Companion" tab. Can/do I add the Companion before cancelling the original reservation?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Before canceling the companion's original reservation?  Sure, just cancel it soon afterwards or the system will see a duplicate booking and may cancel it for you.  If cancelling the companion's reservation will result in travel funds then you should cancel it first so you can use the travel funds to pay the taxes on the companion booking.

--TheMiddleSeat

gcocas
Explorer C

Could I ask how long after when did you meet the spending quota and how long after that you received the email?

gcocas
Explorer C

I signed up for the same offer spent over 5k as well. Clld Chase whom said my statement closed and only the 5800 spent on ccard was tranx in points not the 30k bonus or the CP.

They are tellng me i have to wait. I opened my acct 3/6 by 3/20 i met the 5k, statement closed 4/5 for which they verified i met my quota before statement closed.  But they are saying I have to wait until next month?

jb49
Explorer A

I spent/paid the $5000 in two billing cycles. After the 2nd cycle closed & pymt posted it was about a week before the CP and points were added.