Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

i cant order gift cards with my southwest points

carenseidle
Explorer C

hello im trying to redeeming points for gift card but im having some error can u pls help
the error is: Sorry, we are unable to process your payment at this time. Please contact Customer Service, at the number provided in the Help section, for assistance.

i have 415k poins but still having problem pls help

3 REPLIES 3

Re: i cant order gift cards with my southwest points

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@carenseidle wrote:

hello im trying to redeeming points for gift card but im having some error can u pls help
the error is: Sorry, we are unable to process your payment at this time. Please contact Customer Service, at the number provided in the Help section, for assistance.

i have 415k poins but still having problem pls help

Did you call the number listed there? Without looking I expect it may be different from the main customer service line so the wait time is hopefully less.

Otherwise it may be hard for us as fellow customers to know what's going on since we don't have access to your account info. 

Edit: to clarify, we shouldn't have your info either - please don't post anything identifiable in this forum.  Calling would be best. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Apparently this is possible if you have a Chase Southwest credit card. I am not conversant in the methodology since I don't have the credit card.

https://www.1.awardhq.com/24468SWA0SWARR/shop/gift-cards/_/N-115344+4294954283?icid=swagiftcard_aug2...

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/faqs.html?topic=rapid_rewards_redeeming_points

It looks like they value of every Southwest point at 1 cent. So 5000 points buys you a $50 gift card. 

Be aware the the value of Southwest points used in buying flights directly from Southwest is over 1.5 cents per point. Thus, it may make more financial sense for you to use points to book flights for others than to buy a gift card.

bec102896
Aviator A

You should be able to use the award HQ/more rewards (credit card holder or not some restrictions for non card holders) but it is a better deal to use the points to buy the flight since you can use your points to buy tickets for anyone so if your wanting to book a ticket for say your friend for a wedding present you could make a certificate for X number of points then they could just call you and you could buy the ticket for them. 

If you would still rather just do the gift card using points i would try clicking through the southwest site and go to the more rewards and it should work once you log in to your southwest account on that site. It may lg you out when you go from the Southwest website to the more rewards account which might be why it says not enough points since a non member would not have enough points. If you still have issues I would reach out to the phone number on the more rewards site 

hope this helps

Blake