Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

new format of booking flights online

jebchgo
Explorer C

Am I the only one who is having a lot of trouble adjusting to the new website format for booking flights.  I am a pretty regular traveler on Southwest and I absolutely hate the new format.  I sure wish somehow we could get the old look back.  Let me know your thoughts as well. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: new format of booking flights online

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Can you be more specific about what you don't like? I know some employees have been reading in the Community looking for feedback.

--TheMiddleSeat

jebchgo
Explorer C

I wished I had a screen shot of the old version and then a screen shot of the new one side by side.  I have tried to use the new one quite a bit and just can't seem to be able to grasp the format nearly as easy as the old one.  It just seems way too busy overall!  If there is someone from Southwest reading this, I would love to have the have them get a screen shot of the old and a screenshot of the new and I can walk them through the differences.  I think it is a major setback for this website.

Thanks,

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jebchgo wrote:

I wished I had a screen shot of the old version and then a screen shot of the new one side by side.  I have tried to use the new one quite a bit and just can't seem to be able to grasp the format nearly as easy as the old one.  It just seems way too busy overall!  If there is someone from Southwest reading this, I would love to have the have them get a screen shot of the old and a screenshot of the new and I can walk them through the differences.  I think it is a major setback for this website.

Thanks,

Part of the change seems to be simplification, showing a little less detail than before - was there something that you used to look at that isn't there any longer?

Do you mean specifically in the interface where you book the flights?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Lately I've been getting the fare columns in reverse traditional order (WGA-AT-BS vs BS-AT-WGA). This happened intermittently in the beginning, then (I thought) it was "fixed," but now it's back. I hope this isn't a permanent change. While I realize there is an argument for either order being "correct," I think the way it has always been done in the past is fine, and see no reason to change it.

Oddly, when the page is loading the columns are briefly in the correct order, then once the fares fill in they seem to swap. Bizarre.

Also, if you've clicked on the Low Fare Calendar, the fares then shown include the "lowest" at the top, putting them out of order and making departure/arrival times confusing. A better approach might be to show all flights in order, but highlight the lowest fares somehow.

Lastly, as mentioned in another thread, the new layout "hides" some important info until you click on the link revealing it (the Travel Funds/Voucher/Gift Card section under Payment Methods, for example). I understand the need for simplicity, but this is already generating customer confusion. Perhaps those links could be made more prominent.

1.png2.png

bec102896
Aviator A

It threw me off as well when that first changed I was like whoa there. I like the added color but personally like the old way of wanna get away on the right. I have to watch now to make sure I don't click a BS ticket when I want the WGA ticket.

I do like the website telling me how much of a difference I would have when changing a reservation on the select flights screen though because I don't always know what I paid for a ticket without going to my email or online banking so I can see oh it's $20 more or less now without clicking continue saves a step when trying to see do I want to change to this or that when price matters. 

Blake 

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

It took me a bit to get used to the new website but it allows for faster toggle between city pairs, as well as looking at price differences without having to go back. It also reordered some of the displays so the prices are higher left--right. Some getting used to but I think its more efficient