Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

pass

danfaltyn2
Explorer C

What is the best timeline to receive 2 year companion pass? As of today there are 2 credit card offers that I could apply; Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card and Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card. This would be 100,000 points. The remaining 10,000 points would be fairly easy to accumulte in a timely manner. When should I apply for each card? After I meet the spending requirement for each card;typically when are they credited?

To answer my own question; is this correct?

I would think that I should apply for each card in mid December for the points to be credited in January 2019. Then the rest of the points should accumulate to the companion points as I spend. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: pass

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@danfaltyn2 wrote:

What is the best timeline to receive 2 year companion pass? As of today there are 2 credit card offers that I could apply; Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card and Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card. This would be 100,000 points. The remaining 10,000 points would be fairly easy to accumulte in a timely manner. When should I apply for each card? After I meet the spending requirement for each card;typically when are they credited?

To answer my own question; is this correct?

I would think that I should apply for each card in mid December for the points to be credited in January 2019. Then the rest of the points should accumulate to the companion points as I spend. 

Read the fine print for yourself, but the common wording may be something along the lines of "bonus points earned after spending so much money in the first three billing cycles" - you can apply for the card anytime, but you need them both to hit in the same year, and if you are targeting a January milestone to have CP Jan 2019 through December 2020, then you need to apply for the cards so that the three month window includes January (and/or February, March) and that you'll hit the spending threshold for both cards separately during the same period, but not before January.

Once you have the account, and perhaps when you apply, you can specify a statement closing date which may also be helplful to you.

But really the key part of your question depends on when you'll hit the spending thresholds.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: pass

danfaltyn2
Explorer C

Thanks for the information, it was helpful.