Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Hi @lidowolverine, I marked @Chgoflyer's response as an...

chgoflyer
Aviator A

wrote:

Hi @LindseyD

Could you explain this in more detail?

The exception is the Chase Rapid Rewards Visa card. All points -- base and bonus -- count towards CP."

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean. If you have the Chase Rapid Rewards VISA Card and you book a hotel that is offering Rapids Rewards Points Plus Points like in the picture in the thread, those would count toward the companion pass?

Could you let me know?

Thanks

All points earned by using the Chase Rapid Rewards Visa card are Companion Pass Qualifying. You'll earn 2 points per dollar for Southwest and official partner purchases, and 1 point per dollar for everything else. All of these are CPQ.

Separately -- points earned from hotels booked through the Southwest website will also be CPQ points. Regardless of how you pay. (Note that the official rules state that only the "base" points are CPQ, and "bonus" points are not, but as of this writing all points for hotels booked through the Southwest website are CPQ.)

1975hoss
Explorer C

I am looking to book to rooms with bonus points, I have the chase rapid rewards business card.  If one of my employees are traveling however i am not, will i still receive the bonus points in my act?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@1975hoss wrote:

I am looking to book to rooms with bonus points, I have the chase rapid rewards business card.  If one of my employees are traveling however i am not, will i still receive the bonus points in my act?

I think you would receive them as having booked the rooms and provided your RR number. I'm not sure if the hotel must report your name specifically on the booking or not. If the wording says booking and not "stay" then I think you should earn the points.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: "Point Plus" hotel properties

lidowolverine
Explorer C

Wondering if a Southwest employee can weigh in on this.  I've previously heard that these "bonus points" do count towards Companion Pass.

franktravel
Aviator B

My post above is a quote from the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Program Terms and Conditions found on the Southwest website.  They do not count anymore towards Companion pass. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

"Bonus" Rapid Rewards points from anything except the credit card do not count.

Can you clarify what you mean by, "Bonus Plus"?