Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

"rewards for opinions"

BarbaraR
Explorer C

This is a scam and Southwest needs to terminate this "partner" relationship.  I signed up after having received an email from SW, as they promised I would get some travel points. So far, I have clicked on maybe 3-5 surveys to participate and answered LOTS of questions that certainly sound like a survey. After spending 5-10 minutes doing that, I get a pop up that the survey is closed or that I don't "qualify. " So far for my efforts and for signing up, I have received 6 points.   Thanks a lot, and I think I will report this to the Federal trade Commission. 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: "rewards for opinions"

BarbaraR
Explorer C

The point is - they are receiving a lot of data from me, and I am not getting compensated. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Write a letter to Southwest's CEO and let him know your frustration.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's unfortunate that you don't meet the demographic they are looking for. When you do qualify you will get the points as stated. It's up to you to decide if that is worth the time and effort, but this is not a scam. 

--TheMiddleSeat

BarbaraR
Explorer C

Total scam. They collect tons of data - what’s your internet provider? What insurance do you have? Then they tell you you don’t qualify.  What do they do with the info you already gave them? 

floridaguy
Aviator C

I recently settled an insurance claim with a certain cell phone insurance company where the coverage originated from one of my bank credit cards.  The bank kinda sounds like "Fells Wargo".

The contract is between myself and "Fells Wargo" so when the claim was delayed, I wrote to their CEO.  My claim was approved and when I had the money transferred to my account, in order to transfer the money, there were two additional questions that were required:

1.)  my occupation

2.)  my age range

Neither had anything to do with my claim, but I had to indicate something to get paid.  

After I got paid, I sent a bill to "Fells Wargo" for $10 for providing demographic information that was not part of the claim itself.  Yes, they paid me the $10.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@BarbaraR wrote:

Total scam. They collect tons of data - what’s your internet provider? What insurance do you have? Then they tell you you don’t qualify.  What do they do with the info you already gave them? 

The info you provide is anonymous - most I've ever had to give is my zip code and age or birthdate - and most companies on earth make surveys to collect data and opinions on their products and services.

--Jessica

BarbaraR
Explorer C

Your experience is different from mine.  Lots of data requested just to find the survey is closed.   If that is the case, why are they collecting ANY data? 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@BarbaraR wrote:

Your experience is different from mine.  Lots of data requested just to find the survey is closed.   If that is the case, why are they collecting ANY data? 

If you don't like how the program operates, then you probably  should not participate in the program.

BarbaraR
Explorer C

Correct, I probably should not participate in the program.  My point in posting this is to provide the company an opportunity to defend how they do business ( I have not seen that so far) and alert people what is going on.  Data is very valuable to companies, and they are getting a lot without any compensation to participants.