Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: "rewards for opinions"

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@BarbaraR wrote:

My point in posting this is to provide the company an opportunity to defend how they do business ( I have not seen that so far) 

No one from Southwest or their partners monitors this Community to respond to your complaints. If you want a response contact Southwest or the other company directly.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

@BarbaraR wrote:

Your experience is different from mine.  Lots of data requested just to find the survey is closed.   If that is the case, why are they collecting ANY data? 

Do you ... not understand how surveys work? Even with my profile filled to 100%, I sometimes have to answer a few questions until I am able to start a survey, and even when I start the survey, sometimes I don't qualify because they are looking for specific data requirements, i.e., age or location or job, and if you aren't who they are looking for you won't qualify for the survey. 

--Jessica

BarbaraR
Explorer C

Hi Jessica, do you work for this company or otherwise get something for promoting their program? Everyone else who has responded has had an experience similar to mine. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

It isn't a scam. Nearly all survey-type participations are like this - eOpinions is another example. You aren't going to qualify for every survey you click on and you sometimes need to go through several before you find one that you qualify for and can complete. It takes minutes of your time. I've earned over 7,000 RR points from Rewards for Opinions over the years and I'm at Diamond, the ultimate level. I've scaled back and haven't completed a survey in months though!  Just looked at my profile and completed 2 surveys in minutes - even when you don't qualify, you still get 3 RR points (on average), so it's a win-win either way. 

You also need to fill out your profile to 100% so you get more surveys tailored to you. If you don't answer all those questions before you start, the chances of getting surveys you aren't going to qualify for increases. 

--Jessica 

N82EZ
Adventurer B

It is not a scam but I will tell you of my experience. In about 45days of trying I have yet to complete a whole survey as I go down the rabbit hole and get to the 20th question and "conveniently" I suddenly answer a question in a manner that disqualifies me from the original "200 points" and get a token 5-10 points for "trying" In my opinion is it's a waste of time. I get them for other brands I support and won't go there... Sadly they are all a waste of time. That's my 2 cents.