Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

....so what's after A-List Preferred? Companion Pass?

MerchantMariner
Explorer C

Hi everybody,

So you make it to A-List Preferred and Companion Pass. You fly...a lot. You are loyal to Southwest as much as possible.

My question is this: Does Southwest offer anything past these tiers to accommodate lifetime flyers?

For example, if I am on the fence about choosing an airlines to stick with for the next 5...10...25 years I want to make the best 'investment' possible as a flyer. (Domestic business travel to coastal locations flying 2 to 4 times per week)

Please note: If from here on it's just collecting Rapid Rewards points etc...I'm not complaining! Just want to make sure I understand correctly that Southwest does not
offer any ADDITIONAL tier/status benefits for long term flying.

- Happy to elaborate if needed! Safe travels all!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ....so what's after A-List Preferred? Companion Pass?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

A-List and A-List Preferred are Southwest's two status tiers.  Companion Pass is unrelated to those 2 status tiers as it's possible to have CP without status and status without CP.  As far as status goes there is nothing beyond ALP and you would just need to keep flying each year to earn it for the next year.  Same goes for CP.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: ....so what's after A-List Preferred? Companion Pass?

gsking
Aviator C
Solution

All you get is increasingly improved boarding position, but never higher than A -15.

And each dollar you spend earns you about 20% back in points (WGA fare for A list preferred).  

Keeping that requires 1 flight a week.   2 flights a week will keep your CP, unless you have the credit card.