Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

vouchers taking over 6 weeks to process

nkumar
Explorer C

Hi,

I applied to convert expiring travel credits into a voucher for approximately $237 on June 23rd, 2022.  The customer service rep indicated that the voucher could take up to 45 business days to process, but more likely 1-2 weeks. Fast forward to today, 6 weeks later, and no two customer service representatives can give me a straight answer on when I will be receiving the voucher, which apparently is "processing" on Southwest's end. The last time I spoke to someone, they said that they could "re-send the conversion back to the queue," meaning going to the back of the line. This is ridiculous, since I've been waiting for the voucher to be sent so that I can book my next flight, which has already gone up in price. Long story short, I used to be a big fan of Southwest Airlines due to their customer service, but no more. If there is anyone from the company that can please help me out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

NK

7 REPLIES 7

Re: vouchers taking over 6 weeks to process

dfwskier
Aviator A

You were told it could take 45 days.

As we sit here it is 42 days.

nkumar
Explorer C

Per my last conversation with customer service, I would have my voucher by day 45 (yesterday). Southwest has continually dropped the ball, and unless you're an employee of the airline, I don't consider your post a solution, but rather an evasion of helping a really frustrated customer.

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you are really frustrated, contact the airline and complain. Click on "contact us" below to proceed.  

nkumar
Explorer C

The airline has employees that use this message board. They can reply right here, as I had requested in my original post. Thanks for the advice though. I have contacted the airline 6 times already and have gotten 6 different answers. I am hoping this forum will give my issue higher visibility, so that 1) the general public can see it, and 2) someone from SWA responds to my post. I do hope you're compensated well for running interference on Southwest's customers, though.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You're welcome to complain here, but no one here can help you. If you want to inquire about the vouchers you'll need to contact Southwest directly. No need to be rude to other posters. Hopefully you can get the vouchers soon.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Additionally, you said expiring, not expired. Were they set to expire on or after July 28? If so I suspect they will not be converted as they no longer have an expiration date. If they expired before July 28 then the process should continue and does require patience. 

--TheMiddleSeat

cheyenneallgood
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone, I've noticed this conversation has gotten a tad heated and I wanted to share a friendly reminder of our Community User Guidelines. Please always follow The Golden Rule and keep comments constructive. Additionally, this is a Customer to Customer support forum, so please contact Customer Relations if you need assistance.