Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

12 hour hold with lost baggage department 4/2/22

FancyCheapStake
Explorer C

The lost luggage department shipped me someone else’s bag. I refused the shipment on 4/1/22. I’m trying to talk to a lost baggage representative so that my luggage can be shipped to me but I’ve been on hold all day with the direct number for the lost baggage department. The regular customer service number said the estimated hold time 90 minutes. I hung up because I’m not going to be on hold with Southwest toggling back and forth on 2 lines. I sent detailed messages on social media as some said that’s a way to contact the company. Live chat on the SW app is only a bot and said no agent is available. Tweeter and Facebook Messenger also only had bot responses. I’ve been checking all platforms through out the day, no live representatives have responded. I fear that the lost baggage department marked my case/report as complete since a bag was shipped to me & my phone number is being rerouted to the hold que. Could Southwest be purposely not answering my calls?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 12 hour hold with lost baggage department 4/2/22

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You may have missed the news about Southwest having a major operational outage this morning which is going to create a tremendous amount of volume for all of their customer service representatives. Unfortunately, it's probably wait on hold or wait for a response to your message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: 12 hour hold with lost baggage department 4/2/22

FancyCheapStake
Explorer C

Thank you! I’ve googled throughout the day if anything was going on with Southwest today and nothing came up. So after your response, I googled the outage and found it. The company said in articles that “The airline replied to frustrated customers on Twitter that its website was having an outage, which was fixed by 8 a.m. EDT. ” That was 30 minutes after my call started.