Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2 hour non stop flight changed to 5 hour flight to florida

ScarlettandMatt
Explorer C

I have never ever in all my travels had an issue with Southwest. They have always been very stable for me. I live in MD close to 3 major airports but I almost always use BWi. I booked 7 flights for family vacation back in February to Tampa. Direct flight both ways, an amazing rate. Now I see we are leaving Maryland to go to Ohio to have a layover to get another flight to Florida. But there are even today other non stop flights available to Tampa so why weren't we put on those flights? But here I am 2 hours on hold now with Southwest to try and get this taken care of. Plus I now realize they also changed are flight home as well. It is still NON stop but what the heck is going on. Very disappointed. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: 2 hour non stop flight changed to 5 hour flight to florida

wmsteele50
Explorer C

Having similar problems reaching customer service without a 2 hour wait... SWA used to have the best customer service response... 6 calls and unable to reach rep without 2 hour wait.  Not good for public relations.

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

Hello,

If your flight changed and you got a notification e-mail about it you can change your flight for free within 72 hours of receiving the e-mail - no need to call Southwest. If you are having an issue changing your flight online, I suggest contacting Southwest on social media instead of calling: a direct message on Twitter or Facebook works best, they tend to get back to me very quickly with any questions that I have.

Thanks, 

--Jessica

ScarlettandMatt
Explorer C

Yeah I tried doing it online but it showed there wasn't enough seats. I am flying 7 people. After a 2 hour long wait on phone they changed the flight for all of us to a flight that I couldn't book myself online. So all is well now but a huge inconvenience. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Good to hear that you got it sorted out!

--Jessica

bec102896
Aviator A

Another option for those who have the SW app you can use the chat feature and usually get though very quickly and they are usually able to assist. 

Since it looks like lots of schedule changes are happening again I would recommend not calling unless you have no other choice. 

Another note a lot of the changed reservations can be modified on Southwest.com or the app and it will waive the fare difference just look for the message saying you can change your flight at no additional cost then you would know your schedule change reservation can be changed with no fare difference. 

1Scarlett
Explorer C

How can I change a reservation southwest changed for 3 of us?

1Scarlett
Explorer C

We had exactly same event yesterday departure and return non-stop 3 cousins.

The changed reservations still have a blue "subject to change" notation.

This was a family celebration of life for my Mom booked months ago.

How can we plan hotel, car, arrival, return with. "subject to change" hanging over us?

Our reservationist said there is a huge reset happening and could not guarantee  another flight change would not occur. I've been a loyal customer as we all have. This is unacceptable.  Does anyone have a private jet going to Nashville with 3 seats available?