Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2020 Tickets Eligible for 2021 Tickets Due to Virus

Cschackle
Explorer C

I had purchased tickets on April 12, 2020 to Fly out on September 3rd returning the 7th. Since Covid19 has messed with all plans now, will I still be eligible to use these again next year on September 2, 2021 when my plans have been rescheduled for?? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 2020 Tickets Eligible for 2021 Tickets Due to Virus

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Cschackle wrote:

I had purchased tickets on April 12, 2020 to Fly out on September 3rd returning the 7th. Since Covid19 has messed with all plans now, will I still be eligible to use these again next year on September 2, 2021 when my plans have been rescheduled for?? 

Yes.

If you cancel your flight prior to September 7, 2020 the resultant Travel Funds will take on the extended expiration date of September 7, 2022.

Note that once you apply those funds to a new booking, if you find out later that you need to cancel that new booking, the resultant travel funds will expire one year from the date you make the new booking, even if that's earlier than September 7, 2020.

Re: 2020 Tickets Eligible for 2021 Tickets Due to Virus

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Cschackle wrote:

I had purchased tickets ..... , will I still be eligible to use these again next year on September 2, 2021 when my plans have been rescheduled for?? 

To further clarify, you will not be able to use the tickets. Once cancelled, the tickets turn into travel funds, and you will be able to use the travel funds - thru September, 2022 .

You may pay more or less for the trip than you did when you originally bought the tickets.