Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

$39 Fare, Where is the "View Fare By City" option?

sr103
Explorer A

SWA IT bites me again (many times / day)

$39 Fare, Where is the "View Fare By City" option?

The radio button launches std reservation page as if you know your destination or routing.

As always, I just want to know where the $39 and $49 fares are. I don't want to specify either departure or destination, I just want to know the routes which are in the sale. 

SWA wants to increase revenue / bookings?

Please bring back "Get-Away-Fare-finder"   (Pull up a route map and mouse over destinations and price displays as you move your cursor.   Book 10 great trips in 10 minutes to places you never dreamed of going!

At the moment, please just tell me where to find $39 routing... 

Much thanks appreciated

11 REPLIES 11

Re: $39 Fare, Where is the "View Fare By City" option?

bec102896
Aviator A

On the mobile app you can click on the sale banner and it will take you to the sale page where you can see the cheap flights from specific destinations. 

On the website you can click the button book now on the sale banner and it will load the screen where you can filter the sale by airport. 

-Blake

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

On the mobile app you can click on the sale banner and it will take you to the sale page where you can see the cheap flights from specific destinations. 

On the website you can click the button book now on the sale banner and it will load the screen where you can filter the sale by airport. 

-Blake

Thanks for the app tip! I believe this is what the OP is looking for -- the ability to see what cities are on sale for $39 from any particular starting point. Odd that it's not available on the website, as has usually been for past sales.

(I'm not sure what you mean by the website link will "filter by sale airport." For me, clicking on the "book now" button just brings up the low fare calendar search function, it doesn't tell me which particular destinations have $39 sale fares.)

bec102896
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

(I'm not sure what you mean by the website link will "filter by sale airport." For me, clicking on the "book now" button just brings up the low fare calendar search function, it doesn't tell me which particular destinations have $39 sale fares.)

This is the view I get on the full website when I click book now on the sale banner

B80B6DDD-66E4-4615-991E-1BAB2D2DD28C.png

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Interesting! Below is what I see when clicking on the "book now" button (the only clickable part of the sale banner), logged in or not, on Firefox or Chrome.

[edited to add...]

Looks like you're on mobile... so I just tried using either browser on my Android phone, and I get screens similar to yours with or without selecting "Desktop site." Meaning they're serving different pages depending on mobile or (true) desktop.

screenshot.jpg

bec102896
Aviator A

I used southwest.com full site on the iPad and that's how it loaded. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

I used southwest.com full site on the iPad and that's how it loaded. 

Understood. iPad is read by servers as mobile, not desktop.

sr103
Explorer A

Same here (I cannot get a 'Fare by city' from website /  computer interface vs mobile device). 

ONLY can search each city and combination individually, 'guessing' what cities may offer the $39 0r $49 fare.

When you are on Pay-per-byte dial-up, that could cost a small fortune and hours of wasted time.   I have to drive to town to get connectivity.   Looks like another 'all nighter'.  Just like trying to book SWA from Singapore... need to drive to Malaysia to access, due to IT issue, not 'regional site blocking'.  Compliments of inept SWA IT dept (They might want to try this on a weak connection and as  customers might have to depend on. )

I will try different browsers, but do not have a 'mobile' device.  only a laptop.

Mobile devices are pretty useless when you have no connectivity available in rural USA. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

@chgoflyer looking at your screen capture if you click "View All Destinations" you get to what @bec102896 was describing - but the low fares has a starting destination already populated - for me, it's Philadelphia. And there are no $39 fares here 🤣

On mobile, just clicking the sale banner takes you directly to the low fares page (filtered by departing airport, again Philadelphia for me), so the web site via a computer/laptop browser has an extra click to get there. 

From what I know there's no way to just show what fares are $39 (or any specific price point) regardless of destination or arrival. Might be interesting to be able to filter flights simply by price because I've always wondered where these sales are - I never see them from Philadelphia because our fares just never get that low - until the pandemic, but that was an extraordinary situation and flights are returning to normal levels. 

So @sr103 to answer your question, there is no easy way to do this except to select every single departure city and go through the fares and see which ones are $39. Typically Phoenix AZ has cheap fares, and they are one example of a departure city that has $39 fares.

--Jessica

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Actually, as of today the "book now" button on desktop returns a page that's consistent with mobile:

😉

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 4.16.39 PM.png