Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: $39 Fare, Where is the "View Fare By City" option?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

For me, there is one more step

1) Click on "book now" under the sale banner

2) Then a page allowing you to book a single flight appears

3) On that  page (upper right side) are the words "Not sure where you're flying yet? Get inspired by our full list of offers." click on the radio button below those words to get a list of cities as is shown on the post above this one.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

So bizarre. I just checked again, and now I get the 2-step process again. I thought maybe it was different now if you're logged in or not, but either way now gives me the same thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lpierro
Explorer C

Thank you for the directions. Although, there are NO fares listed below one that is $84 and only available on 1 day of the month, all others are over $149.  Proving, don't follow what they want you to do, follow your heart. 

fsuinnc
Explorer C

(It seems like a bait and switch). I want to see the list of flights that are $39,  and the list that are $49 and whatever else is mentioned in the emails I get constantly. I do not want to tell Southwest where I'm traveling from or to or even the date(s) I'm traveling. I'm retired, I may not know where I'm going.  Knowing these flights might allow me to drive somewhere just for fun, take a cheap flight somewhere else, and drive home. 

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Greetings All:

This page may help if you're shopping around:

https://www.southwest.com/find-best-flight-deals/

If you have flights booked for the summer or beyond, I would recheck pricing, even if the quoted fare is not even close to the lowest threshold of $39. You may still find a better deal.

Example: Back in February, I booked a one way flight for later this summer at regular price for $189 from Texas back to SoCal as it's usually sound advice to book all summer travel plans before the springtime in case prices later surge.

During a prior recent sale, the fare dropped to $160 and I re-priced it via the "Change Flight" module and collected a $29 credit. After the sale, the price went back up to $189. Today under this sale, it was pricing at $120. I re-priced it and I collected an additional $40 in credit. I would not call saving $69-off my airline bill 'bait and switch'.

While this flight is certainly still nowhere near the $39 territory, I believe that SW is in fact having a Wanna Get Away Sale now as advertised through Thu 4/11. If you see a Low Fare Sale, best to check your reservations and re-price if needed...and thank goodness for No Change Fees!

One exception: If you booked a flight during the recent Promotional Companion Pass promo, I would not touch those bookings that as re-pricing those flights would void the Promo CP deal.