Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List Preferred Member On-hold for 80Minutes to Fix Flight

rlink
Explorer C

I am an A List preferred member and made a reservation 9 days ago for a trip with two non-stop flights.  Received an email from Southwest stating the return trip was changed from a non-stop to another flight which included a stop.  Called customer service to fix the flight, selected to expedited Service.  Had to enter my birthday 3 times, then selected the option to receive a call-back (that never happened). Called again and have now been on-hold for 80 minutes!!   

As a loyal A-List preferred member I expect better service.  Have not had issues previously however I'm disappointed in the lack of customer support, if this continues, my loyalty to Southwest to stop.  At least the other airlines allow me to talk to customer service. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: A-List Preferred Member On-hold for 80Minutes to Fix Flight

gsking
Aviator C

Sounds like your experience is the same as the rest of us...this is very unusual service.  It's never happened to me before, and sounds like it's never happened to you.

Therefore, I'm going to venture a guess that it's an unusually busy day, or some other extraordinary issue. 

My suggestion:  Go grab a drink and call back later.

rlink
Explorer C

Just got through to customer service, apparently there were a lot of flight changes resulting in high call volume.

The customer service agent was extremely helpful  My faith has been renewed.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@rlink wrote:

Just got through to customer service, apparently there were a lot of flight changes resulting in high call volume.

The customer service agent was extremely helpful  My faith has been renewed.

In the future, you might try changing the flight yourself instead. Just log on to your SW account. Locate the flight. Pick change flight. The system should let you change (without fee) to any flight with available seats on the same routing up to two week o or two weeks after the date of your changed flight. Should take maybe two minutes.

Beats the heck out of waiting on hold ...

bec102896
Aviator A

you could even change up to 30 days earlier or later if you wanted online or on the app for no fee currently. 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@rlink It’s amazing how people make the different, right? It is why I stick with Southwest!  I am glad you were able to get your issue resolved with a helpful person, and I also echo the alternatives for taking action listed here as well.

-A List, Companion Pass holder