Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Advice to people on hold with Southwest --- HANG UP!!!~

bec102896
Aviator A

You can actually access the community without paying for the Wi-Fi sorry you had to waste your money to come on here and complain. 

Also feel free to direct your complaint to southwest directly Contact Customer Relations 

bec102896
Aviator A

If your not traveling within the next 2 days I would avoid calling hold times are long calls are being disconnected 

you can try changing your flight online or on the southwest app

a SYSTEM WIDE waiver is out for flights though the 27th any flight you have booked between now and the 27th can be changed without a fare difference being collected. 

bec102896
Aviator A

Looks like it might be a good time to bring this back up to the top. 

due to a lot of flight cancellations hold times are very long on the phone right now. 

most reservations can be rebooked on southwest.com or the mobile app I would rebook on one of those methods. 

if you can’t rebook on the app or website I would try the in app chat feature or reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter DM for assistance. Please be patient wait times will be long on all methods but hopefully not sitting on hold will be faster and less stressful (I know that hold music can get annoying) and hopefully you will be on your way to your destinations soon. 

-Blake 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

There’s no denying that this has been a very frustrating travel day for SW passengers (luckily my family was able to fly today with only a delayed flight).  It’s obvious that many trips have been negatively impacted, and passengers have a right to be upset.  I hope SW is able to do the right thing, and make it up to the impacted passengers. I do not want to see SW become an airline that delivers poor service like AA, DL, and UAL. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

bec102896
Aviator A

Yeah it's been rough and unfortunately from what I am seeing at AUS for later today (Sunday) all cancellations are SW except 1 Spirit flight so ATC and weather don't seem to be the truth here and I've had 3 flights cancelled so far in the last 24 hours hopefully they figure things out soon. 

bec102896
Aviator A

Bump

kegg45
Explorer B

I am stuck in Tampa with my husband. Our flight was cancelled yesterday, rebooked for early this morning, cancelled again before we even left the airport. 5 people on my shuttle had hotel and meal vouchers, which I was told Southwest didn't offer! Now we are stuck without enough of my epilepsy meds to make it through another day, no money to pay for the hotel or food and no flight! Plus, no way to contact Southwest! I have been on hold for 3 hours, who else is supposed to be calling now, if not me? I have tried Twitter and Facebook and sent an email. I can't afford another flight on American or Delta...what the heck?

dfwskier
Aviator A

well, it seems appropriate to bring this up to the top of the que again.

AskDumbQuestion
Explorer C

Yes, it does.  Trying to get ahold of them is a nightmare.  Chat isn't working.

Tommyloveyou
Explorer C

What would you suggest to do for a flight i booked and paid for but now is. Not listed in my trips and there is no confirmation for? Credit card charged for it. Neeed to change the flight I’m getting not help with phone after a 3 hour wait or any other social media