Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Advice to people on hold with Southwest --- HANG UP!!!~

dfwskier
Aviator A

time to bring it to the front of the que again.

floridaguy
Aviator C

If they can line up enough pilots to fly the planes, then they should have enough statistics to accurately predict the number of inbound calls and have the resources available for those, too.

I'm very disappointed to read all of the trauma regarding travel.  I would venture that a large portion of these people will NEVER fly with Southwest again.  If you consider the future value of those passengers, this is a total bust for Southwest.

If you are going to service people, then make yourself available by phone.  If you don't want to talk to people, then fly cargo which won't bother you.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I'm very disappointed to read all of the trauma regarding travel.  I would venture that a large portion of these people will NEVER fly with Southwest again.  If you consider the future value of those passengers, this is a total bust for Southwest.

That is non sense - pure non sense.This is happening to every airline.

Southwest DOES give people non phone related ways of contacting the airline. People just need to use them. Which is wy I started this thread in March 2020.

Of course Southwest could hire thousands of customer service employees to handle the once or twice a year events of the type we are now seeing. I guess they'd be sitting on their butts with nothing to do 99.9% of the time, but whatever.  Of course the tens of millions of dollars in additional salary will be paid by you and other ticket buyers. Then you'll have something else to complain about - you and every other passenger.

Of course Southwest could do what Frontier did - disconnect the phones and tell passengers "if you want to reach Frontier - head for the web".

floridaguy
Aviator C

Unbelievable.

3-10
Adventurer C

You’re unbelievable. I have a companion, so I can’t get the online booking to work. Worse, their next flight that is available basically makes my entire trip pointless. This isn’t a 1 day delay, the app says they don’t have a flight till Thursday night with an open seat and that isn’t even assured. 

I haven’t had a vacation in a year and not only have they ruined the scheduled vacation I planned for 3 months (can’t cancel it), I lose the days, and worse, they ruined my Christmas, because by the time I get there, the other half of the family will have gone home. 

I was on hold for 3 hours and 14 minutes when I heard what sounded like the VOIP server crashing and the call drop. 

https://imgurDOTcom/a/UcpxFSE

It’a almost 1am

This is all around incompetence and the CEO should be fired Monday morning. 

I was a huge fan of SWA. No more, I will never recommend them again, I will never be loyal to them again. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

back to the top of the que