Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

April 3 2022 flight canceled

Kbentleyc
Explorer C

Booked with Southwest vacations to celebrate being cancer free after chemo and radiation! I was completely devastated when on April 3 I woke up to start celebrating and saw our flight was rescheduled for April 4! I panicked and tried every phone number I could find to try and sort out the resort part of our stay. On hold for 6 hours and nothing! Left the next morning and arrived in Cabo but still couldn’t reach anyone at Southwest vacations! Our resort was terrible and I couldn’t reach anyone to help us navigate getting us to a new resort and changing our flight home so we could stay a day longer since we already lost a day! We were left high and dry and had no choice but to stay! Took me over 9 days to contact Southwest vacations just to be told I needed a different department and that took days to get through since I can’t spend multiple hours on hold each time! Then I can’t talk to a person but have to email a detailed account of the problem! Still waiting for a response a month later! Absolutely unacceptable! Southwest is big and I’m just a $ sign and a profit since the 6K we spent is their pockets! It’s a lot of money to me but a drop in the bucket to them! Southwest vacations ruined my celebration that I fought so hard to get too! It was supposed to be my reward so to speak.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: April 3 2022 flight canceled

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Lots of people  have come here to complain about Southwest VACATIONS. Note that Southwest VACATIONS is NOT Southwest airlines. It is not owned by Southwest Airlines. It is not a part of Southwest Airlines.

It is it's own company, and also provides the same service to other airlines under the names of those other airlines. It's real name is Apple Leisure Group.

It is notorious for it's unfriendly treatment of it's customers.

Re: April 3 2022 flight canceled

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Kbentleyc wrote:

Our resort was terrible and I couldn’t reach anyone to help us navigate getting us to a new resort and changing our flight home so we could stay a day longer since we already lost a day! 

The resort being "terrible" doesn't have anything to do with your flight being delayed by a day? I assume you selected the resort you wanted to stay at including the room type ... so ... it really confuses me when people book a hotel room and then claim it is "terrible" and they want to be moved to "another" hotel. That is not how it works at all. If your room was truly unkempt, not clean, etc., they could perhaps move you to another room, but wanting to stay at another hotel altogether is ridiculous.

--Jessica