Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Aruba Flight Options Post-June 28th Ban Date

cstern90
Explorer C

Reached out to SW through Twitter and through email on here, could never get a real response to my question, so maybe someone can shine some light in here.

SW claims they will resume operations to Aruba beginning June 28th, 2020. With that being the case, why are there no flights showing to the island past that date? Secondly, when could it be expected that flights will be available through SW?

Only reason I am hunting for an answer now is because we have travel funds from a cancelled trip that we'd like to use towards flights to Aruba in July, and with prices low right now for airfare amongst the other carriers, we need to know if we are going to HAVE to go through them if SW extends their travel ban to Aruba.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Aruba Flight Options Post-June 28th Ban Date

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

I'm afraid you are just going to have to wait.

The extreme turmoil in the industry is keeping many things in a state of turmoil.

No one here will be able to answer your question, and I would not be surprised if a decision has not been made.

cstern90
Explorer C

Appreciate the response, and honestly that's all I was looking for SW to say, but they kept just directing me to the COVID-19 update page and to the "low fare calendar" search tool, which wouldn't have been useful with no flights showing...

I see Montego Bay has flights available starting in June since the SW tentative travel ban lift date is end of May, so I guess to assume that the same would happen once we move into the month prior to Aruba's tentative resume date.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@cstern90 wrote:

Reached out to SW through Twitter and through email on here, could never get a real response to my question, so maybe someone can shine some light in here.

SW claims they will resume operations to Aruba beginning June 28th, 2020. With that being the case, why are there no flights showing to the island past that date? Secondly, when could it be expected that flights will be available through SW?

Only reason I am hunting for an answer now is because we have travel funds from a cancelled trip that we'd like to use towards flights to Aruba in July, and with prices low right now for airfare amongst the other carriers, we need to know if we are going to HAVE to go through them if SW extends their travel ban to Aruba.

If your travel funds are included in the long term extension then I would consider flying the other guys if you need to get something booked and they have flights available and Southwest doesn't have flights available. 

At the same time the drivers for flight cost are going to remain in July - maybe some recovery by then but it is hard to say if prices will or won't be low to a specific location.

I guess gauge your risk/reward tolerance, and your likelihood to use the travel funds otherwise vs the risk of flights going up in price in the short term.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

w5aj
Explorer C

Aruba hasn't mentioned opening in June!!   I saw web page for USA travelers - POSSIBLE - reopening by July 10th but that is subject to change (Delay)

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements#opening-dates

& Aruba will have approval process to enter aka get tested before fly!

Good Luck and see you on the beach

bec102896
Aviator A

Under the current plan which was updated June 17th Southwest will not resume flight to Aruba until November 1st at the earliest. This date is subject to change. 

-Blake