Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Bait and Switch - Is this how Southwest does business?

Mrgan2693
Explorer C

I just booked a trip last night through Southwest vacations to Cancun. The itinerary was for 7 nights for both hotel and airfare. The price is the exact same on the confirmation, same dates, etc., but the hotel is only for 5 days of the 7 and the airfare is correct at the 7 days. Southwest is not correcting this issue with their system. What do I have to do to get this hotel put to 7 days as was quoted at the given price? Travel agent has called and talked to SW Customer Service and they are not correcting THEIR error. Is this what is expected from Southwest??? I have never flown SW in the past, and at this point, wondering if I ever will. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bait and Switch - Is this how Southwest does business?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest Vacations is not Southwest Airlines, they are completely different, unrelated companies.  You should contact Southwest Vacations to inquire about your package.

How do I contact Southwest Vacations®? 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hopefully you have something in writing about what the deal is supposed to be.

Southwest Vacations is better known as Apple Vacations.

If the firm will not give you what was promised, then contest the charge with your credit card company. Having what I mentioned in my first sentence will be helpful in making your case..

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

Southwest Vacations is not SWA.

Sorry that they ripped you off. 

if it were me I’d contact my cc company for a partial charge back fir the two missing nights.