Southwest Airlines Community

Being rebooked from a flight that's not cancelled and still taking reservations

hattrick89
Explorer C
Re: constant cancellations, changes
hattrick89_0-1615510822634.png

hattrick89
New Arrival

So what's with being rebooked on another flight when your original flight is still scheduled?  I'm traveling with a large party and only I've been rebooked TWICE when my original flight was still taking reservations.  I've had to put myself back on my original flight twice now.  I can understand it happening if flights get cancelled, but my original flight is not cancelled.  What's the deal??!!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Being rebooked from a flight that's not cancelled and still taking reservations

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That is an interesting one. You'll want to contact Southwest directly via phone or private message on Twitter or Facebook.

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Being rebooked from a flight that's not cancelled and still taking reservations

hattrick89
Explorer C

So I talked with a rep today and all she could do was apologize and hope that I would have a little "compassion and patience" for the airline as they try to navigate through these pandemic times.  That this randomly rebooking people from existing flights that are never cancelled is current policy as they try to anticipate traveler fluctuations.  I'm sorry, I've had these reservations for a while now (of course now I'm low man on the totem pole since I've had to recently rebook myself), the rest of my traveling party hasn't been rebooked once, but I've been rebooked twice with no explanation offered.  I understand rebooking due to an overbooking situation, but that can't be the case here since, thankfully, I've been able to rebook myself back onto my original flight (probably back into my own seats for all I know).  But how long will I be able to keep doing this before seats won't be available?  At what point can I rest comfortably knowing I won't get bumped again and get stuck in Chicago or spend 10 hours getting home?  At what point should I just cut bait and fly with someone else?  If Southwest is trying to ensure revenue and customer loyalty and satisfaction, this is certainly the wrong way to do it.  Southwest should be grateful people are willing to fly at all right now and have chosen to do it with them rather than giving them every reason to choose someone else.

hattrick89
Explorer C

Yup, rebooked AGAIN....