Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Benefiting from Covid-19 - SW profiting, while we can't pay our mortgages

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

@AnyoneButSW wrote:

I have just spoken at length to someone in Customer Relations and after explaining what SW had said previously the operator looked up the latest SW memos and aviation rules etc and AGREED A FULL REFUND but it took ages. She also explained that as it was a Government mandated cancellation they had to refund. 

Thank you,  SWDigits.

Thank you for updating us here on The Community, @AnyoneButSW. While I'm glad to hear we're providing you a full refund, I apologize that you had to call more than once and received conflicting information. Please know that your concerns are taken to heart, and we're working every day to improve our communication as we navigate through this crisis.

Sincerely,

Nicole
Community Manager

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@AnyoneButSW wrote:

I have just spoken at length to someone in Customer Relations and after explaining what SW had said previously the operator looked up the latest SW memos and aviation rules etc and AGREED A FULL REFUND but it took ages. She also explained that as it was a Government mandated cancellation they had to refund. 

Thank you,  SWDigits.

Thank you, @SWDigits 🙂

Nicole
Community Manager

AnyoneButSW
Explorer B

NicoleAshley - 5th time of asking and the rep today actually read SW own guidelines (to me) and then refunded. It was a long and nasty process but because you said 'try again' I did, and can now pay the mortgage. Thank you.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@AnyoneButSW I would get in touch with Southwest again as noted by NicoleAshley.   See this thread for a customer refunded without any issues for a Southwest cancelled flight:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Travel-Policies/What-Southwest-are-y-all-flying/m-p/104754

Customer | Home airport DCA

BRAD2525
Explorer C

"

Hi @anyonebutswa. Thank you all for coming here and sharing your concerns. I know everyone is hurting, and I'm so sorry if we've been letting you down throughout these unprecedented circumstances. While we are not making exceptions to refund nonrefundable fares canceled by our Customers, I urge you to contact Customer Relations to discuss your individual situations if Southwest canceled your reservation. It's important to note that our Customer Relations Department is a different Department than 1-800-I-FLY-SWA. While Customer Relations' phone lines are not open on weekends, they respond on Facebook and Twitter 24/7/365. Thank you.

Nicole
Community Manager

Nicole,
I called Customer Relations after speaking with customer service and was told in no way could i receive a refund.  While i appreciate that we have been given until June of 2021 to use the $1800 we have in credits, I would prefer to have the cash back in my bank account.  I asked to speak with a manager several times while speaking to the customer relations dept and was told I would have to leave them my phone number and they would call me back.  It has been four hours and still have not received a call back from a manager.  BTW, thanks for trying to help others.