Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Big Inconvenience

MarkH33125
Explorer C

I fly frequently and usually never have a problem with Southwest. But this cancelation today by Southwest will cost me time off from work and a rescheduling fee of $150.00 and Southwest has no answer for canceling 3 hours before my flight, rebooking my direct flight to a earlier flight that is a layover, went from good boarding position to bad and arriving later at my destination causing me to miss my appointment and being charged for something that is not my fault. This isn't a $50.00 fix by Southwest. I expect better. I hope to hear from Southwest very soon. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Big Inconvenience

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Delays and cancellations happen with all airlines and it's no fun when it does happen.  You're certainly welcome to provide your comments directly to Southwest.  Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.  You may be provided a voucher for the inconvenience.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'll echo what the middle seat said above and add a bit more
@MarkH33125 wrote:

I fly frequently and usually never have a problem with Southwest. But this cancelation today by Southwest will cost me time off from work and a rescheduling fee of $150.00

Huh? Southwest does not charge a rescheduling fee

and Southwest has no answer for canceling 3 hours before my flight, rebooking my direct flight to a earlier flight that is a layover,

When an airline cancels a flight (and they all do), all the airline can do is put you 

on the next available flight. It cannot create a flight where one does not exist. If there arfe no other non-stops, then there are NO other non stops. Airlines don;t like canceling near departure times, but stuff happens: planes break,  weather causes planes to not fly, crew gets delayed so there is no one to fly the plane, etc.

went from good boarding position to bad and arriving later at my destination causing me to miss my appointment and being charged for something that is not my fault.

It may not be Southwest's fault either. If an act of God caused the cancellation, , SW can;t exactly protest to the big guy.

This isn't a $50.00 fix by Southwest. I expect better. I hope to hear from Southwest very soon. 

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Avoid winter travel as ice and snow create issues for both kind staff and passengers.

ItsFlashGorman
Explorer C

regarding the boarding position: Southwest would do good to add an inconvenienced flier to the A-list on their new flight. Thats the least they could do for the inconvenience (if you consider missing a wedding, funeral, graduation, international vacation connection, etc. an i”inconvenience….)

dfwskier
Aviator A

You do realize that A-List and Early Bird boarding positions are reserved 36 hours prior to scheduled boarding time?  Further at 24 hours before departure everyone else starts reserving boarding spots.

Thus there are no "inconvenience" A boarding spots to hand out at the gate - other passengers already have them..

The best the airline can do is give "inconvenience" passengers the best boarding spots available at check in -- and that is  what SW does.