Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booked a flight for someone else through my account and it won't show up in my Upcoming Trips

jennamcclain
Explorer C

A friend and I are going on a trip together but are flying from different places and therefore have separate flights. I booked my one-way return flight and her round trip flight through my southwest account. I see my one-way flight in My Upcoming Trips but not her round trip one. When I use her name and confirmation number to retrieve the flight it works fine, but I can't figure out how to link it to my account/get it to show up in my app. It won't let me use my rapid reward number to link it and she does not have a rapid reward number of her own. 

Could she make a southwest account, get a rapid rewards number, and link the ticket to HER account even though I am the one that booked it? I just need way to make this reservation show up without having to "retrieve" it with the confirmation number every time. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Booked a flight for someone else through my account and it won't show up in my Upcoming Trips

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

None of the functionality you want is available. You can only see your flights.

She should get a Rapid Rewards account, it's always good to earn points even if only a few now and then. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Booked a flight for someone else through my account and it won't show up in my Upcoming Trips

bec102896
Aviator A

While you can't have your friends reservation show up in your account if you have the Southwest app you can look up her reservation and it will save that confirmation under the look up reservations section of the app for easier viewing. 

-Blake 

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

She can and hopefully will get a RR account. It's pretty easy to add an existing reservation to a RR account. I did it for a friend of ours last month. She asked me to purchase a couple of roundtrip flights and we added the confirmation #'s to her account shortly after the purchase. The only snag I would see is if you try and add your account after the check in period starts or less than 24 hours before a flight. (probably easier to add the flight after for the points at that point.)

Safe travels 

Joplin36
Explorer C
Solution

As long as you noted their CONF number, you can find them and make changes. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to Help Center, then click Site Map. On the left column under AIR, click Manage Air Reservation. Enter their info and you'll have access.

I do also wish they could load that under my account, but this is my work around.

Joplin36