Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking Improvement Suggestion- Itinerary Based on Price

TravelGalCO
Explorer C

I suggest you modify the on-line booking program to allow searching from a departure city within a date range to all destinations serviced with the results showing a price range for all options.  

For example, I live in a city serviced by Southwest.  When I want to travel it is not always to a specific location.  I just "Wanna Get Away".  If I could search for all the routes from my city and know the price or price range up front for a specific date it would make it easier to plan based on price.  You could market as part of you "Wanna Get Away" campaign.

On another note, the on-line experience as is would be easier to navigate if the destination drop down only listed the routes from the departure city.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 REPLIES 3

Re:Booking Improvement Suggestion- Itinerary Based on Price

SWFlyer007
Aviator C
Solution

Since this is a customer to customer forum you really won't get much traction with your suggestion here.  I've provided you information off of the SWA website for your suggestion.  

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint
Question

I would like to speak with a Representative about my experience or my suggestion. How can I get in touch with you?

Answer

The Community is a great place for customers to share experiences and information with each other, but it is not a platform where we’re able to process Customer Service comments and/or concerns.

Please reach out to our Customer Relations Department via Twitter (@Southwestair), or call us at 1-855-234-4654 so we can give your feedback the time and consideration it deserves.

We look forward to talking with you and serving you for years to come.

For more information on how to contact our official Customer Service channels, click here.

Re: Re:Booking Improvement Suggestion- Itinerary Based on Price

gsking
Aviator C

The other trick is sadly only available on the regular website (not mobile)

Go to the route map,  and then go to list view.  The nonstop cities will be shown.   These will be the ones with the cheapest fares. 

Re: Booking Improvement Suggestion- Itinerary Based on Price

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TravelGalCO wrote:

I suggest you modify the on-line booking program to allow searching from a departure city within a date range to all destinations serviced with the results showing a price range for all options.  

For example, I live in a city serviced by Southwest.  When I want to travel it is not always to a specific location.  I just "Wanna Get Away".  If I could search for all the routes from my city and know the price or price range up front for a specific date it would make it easier to plan based on price.  You could market as part of you "Wanna Get Away" campaign.

On another note, the on-line experience as is would be easier to navigate if the destination drop down only listed the routes from the departure city.

Thank you for your consideration.

Actually there is a way to sort of do what you want. When ever a sale is announced on Tuesdays (almost every Tuesday), there is a way to view the lowest sale fare between a city and places you can fly to from that city.

It's not a perfect solution because:

Some cities don't get a sale fare and thus do not show up

Sometimes you can find better fares than sale fares.

Bring up the sale fare page, click on view all destinations and you get something like this:

https://www.southwest.com/html/offers/nationwide_sale_NonstopConnect_201215.html?redirect=false&cbid...

I suspect the link will go inactive on 12/31 since the current sale expires on 12/30