Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking multiple destination online glitch

Mmsmith35
Explorer C

When I try to book a multiple destination vacation the destination location is locked on Hawaii Flight & Hotel from a past search. I cannot change it!!! I’ve tried rebooting, using other devices, searching without logging in, etc. HELP!!! I spoke with a SWA Vacations Rep who told me SWA didn’t have an IT department to transfer me to! LOL How can I fix this glitch so I can search freely and NOT in Hawaii. Also, if I try to just enter the flight destination it will not recognize the location because it’s not in Hawaii. I appreciate any help!

960E2C2C-0B6B-4B66-A294-D7269BF488BA.png

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Booking multiple destination online glitch

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This appears to be a problem with Southwest Vacations, a company unrelated to Southwest Airlines. Since you haven't booked yet, let me share some advice, don't book with Southwest Vacations.

How do I contact Southwest Vacations®? 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

This appears to be a problem with Southwest Vacations, a company unrelated to Southwest Airlines. Since you haven't booked yet, let me share some advice, don't book with Southwest Vacations.

I'll second that

Mmsmith35
Explorer C

Why do you say not to book with Southwest Vacations? They’ve got a great deal at one of the hotels we want to stay at, but I’ll take your advice and see if I can get that hotel deal on my own and just use our Covid Credits (Spring Break 2020 flight cancellation) on air. Many thanks! 

Mmsmith35
Explorer C

PS. How can I book on the SWA app flying into one location and out of another??? Thanks again! I am new to traveling with SWA and no doubt have lots to learn!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It only takes a few minutes browsing this Community to find numerous complaints about the lack of customer service at Southwest Vacations, aka Apple Leisure Group. Have you looked at pricing if you book the hotel directly?

In general I prefer to book all flights as one ways. You would just need to book two one way flights. There's no price difference and lots of benefits, too many to list out here. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Mmsmith35
Explorer C

Good to know! Yes, I’m a very experienced traveler, just not with SWA. The hotel deal they have is WAY better than anything I can find independently and includes a hefty amount of resort credits that aren’t available elsewhere. I will say the so called SWA Vacation “experts” are uninformed. The one I spoke with asked me which Dallas airport I wanted to fly out of, “Either Love Field or Fort Lauderdale?” LOL!!!! That said it all in regards to being “Vacation experts.” Pathetic. I’m going to keep digging for the hotel special outside of a SWA Vacation. 

bec102896
Aviator A

You might look for your hotel from the resorts site directly as sometimes they offer member rates/deals and if you have any qualifying discounts you could use them (AAA, Senior rates, company rates) 

I also find good deals on Priceline on occasion though the express deals 

but as others have said I would avoid SW vacations just book the flights direct though SW then hotel separate   

Mmsmith35
Explorer C

Thanks for the tip on just booking two one way tickets! It’s good to know the price is the same on SWA.