Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking

leavittjk
Explorer C

Any idea when the booking schedule will allow reservations through calendar year 2021??

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Booking

dfwskier
Aviator A

The schedule typically opens about 8 months in advance -- so for 2022 - April, 2021

leavittjk
Explorer C

I was talking about 2021.  So for November 2021, we should see it March 2021 it sounds. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C
Solution

@leavittjk This would have some truth.  SWA just recently put out their updated schedule within the last month, (I believe)   When they update they never update for more than several months, (really not sure the exact number) but never for an entire year.  But with the return of the MAX I'm hoping an updated schedule will be presented.  

leavittjk
Explorer C

Thanks for the info!

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@leavittjk here is actual information I found that is definitive, not my speculation.  

While most airlines allow you to book flights up to 11 months in advance of your travels, Southwest Airlines does it a bit differently. They release their fares in batches, going as far out as about seven months.Dec 10, 2020

Southwest Flight Schedule Now Bookable into August 2021!

AND:

Check Flight Schedules - Southwest Airlines
www.southwest.com › air › flight-schedules

On December 10, 2020 we will open our schedule for sale through August 16, 2021. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.