Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Bumped off direct flight to non-direct with lay over and early departure

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@bec102896 No, I believe hotel was booked based on original flight reservation (pre change).

I still think there's a solution with the flights instead of messing around with the hotel.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat 

The reason I think they might have booked the hotel first is they said 13 months a go SW doesn't open the schedule that far in advance but i agree that they should be able to just change the flight and not deal with the hotel it would just take checking the app/website to see if seats opened up. 

caliuser41781
Explorer C

This hotel has to be secured as soon as the reservation is available.  That means 13 months ahead of time.  This is why it was so important to secure the flight on day one of the new season.  Both were done and checked off 13 and 6 months as necessary so that the stars could align... Until today.  

Perhaps to different regions and different generations, it is better not to let the world know when a vendor has crossed the line and pissed us off,  For my generation and upbringing it's preferred to let the vendor know when they have ruined a good thing.  To accomplish that I say "this sucks [but am still hoping it can be made to unstuck]".

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@caliuser41781 We're so sorry for disrupting your travel plans and sincerely regret letting you down with our handling of the situation. As a Customer-to-Customer forum, we aren't able to look at your reservation or your potential flight options here. I encourage you to Contact Customer Relations either for assistance with rebooking or simply to document your concerns. Hopefully they can come up with a solution that works for you and your family!

Nicole
Community Manager

caliuser41781
Explorer C

@NicoleAshley that has been done.  (I need to call back and make sure the complaint list includes the fact that this change was dumped less than 30 days prior to departure so hotel accommodations that were beyond their 30 day change window preclude any ability to modify the stay in order to get a later direct flight.)

I wish someone could explain how a schedule change results in dropping paid seats off a direct flight.

I also am very irritated that headlines, on the same day that I lost my direct flight seat, are of SWA adding direct flights with increasing demand to Hawaii.  At least one headline should talk about it being at the expense and inconvenience to other customers.