Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Can Two Companion Pass Holders be on the Same Reservation with Two Companions?

Apstef
Explorer C

How about a slightly different situation: I have a standard companion pass not earned on a promotion (good through year end), my new girlfriend also turns out to be a frequent SW flier and also has a companion pass (good through year end). Could I book a standard flight, have her as my companion and then have her have a companion, ergo a 1 for 3. My inkling is no, using it as a chain is not the intent. But I’m not sure if the software would stop me either from adding a companion to her ticket. I’m not trying to game or take advantage of SW, I am just curious. 

Re: Can Two Companion Pass Holders be on the Same Reservation with Two Companions?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Apstef wrote:

How about a slightly different situation: I have a standard companion pass not earned on a promotion (good through year end), my new girlfriend also turns out to be a frequent SW flier and also has a companion pass (good through year end). Could I book a standard flight, have her as my companion and then have her have a companion, ergo a 1 for 3. My inkling is no, using it as a chain is not the intent. But I’m not sure if the software would stop me either from adding a companion to her ticket. I’m not trying to game or take advantage of SW, I am just curious. 

No, you can't do this, it's not allowed and the system won't let you. You could however book the both of you on paid or points bookings and each bring another person as your companions.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Your inkling is correct. You can't do it.

"The Companion Pass allows the Member to designate an individual to fly with the Member (such designated individual, the “Companion”) on Southwest flights purchased by the Member, booked through Southwest, and completed during the Companion Pass validity period. A Companion's reservation is not considered a purchased flight, and therefore, another Companion Pass reservation cannot be booked from it."

https://www.southwest.com/faq/rapid-rewards-program-terms-and-conditions?question=rules_and_regulati...