Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can't check-in - Unticketed

spkerens
Explorer C

I purchased 2 round trip tickets to Hawaii approximately 3 months ago. I received a confirmation email with both ticket numbers. My credit card was charged immediately and is still on my statement. I received my email this morning to check-in to my flight, but upon trying to check-in I received the error message below.

Now I am freaking out because my hotel is non-refundable and I am literally thousands of dollars into this vacation. I fly Southwest all the time and I have never received this error message. I am currently going on 70 minutes on hold with customer service to try and figure this mess out. Any idea what is going on? I've been getting emails almost weekly from Southwest about things to do in Hawaii, Have you rented a car?, Are you ready for your upcoming trip ect ect... 

Reservation not ticketed.

• We are currently unable to complete your request because this reservation is unticketed. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and make your request again. If you continue to have difficulty, please contact a Southwest Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Can't check-in - Unticketed

HIQJQ79
Explorer C

I have the same error message and currently sitting on hold. Hopefully its just an error. 

Trietn408
Explorer C

I have the same issue. Tried calling but theres a 2 hour wait... I get disconnected during the wait. Let me know what you find out. I think about of people are having the same problem

spkerens
Explorer C

I finally got a hold of a live individually. She wasn't able to check me in either -- she said she was going to have to contact her "tech team". I've been back on hold for about 15 minutes now. I've received about a dozen emails since being on hold for "Your change is confirmed". Not sure what is going on -- I'll keep you posted. 

HIQJQ79
Explorer C

But your ticket wasn't canceled, correct? That's my fear. 

spkerens
Explorer C

No, not cancelled. I believe its just a computer glitch they are having. 

Just got off the phone with customer support. It did take her about 15-20 minutes talking to her tech team who was doing some stuff on the backend. She did come back on the line and confirmed I am checked-in and verbally provided my boarding positions. It does reflect on SW.com as me being checked-in and all seems good.

Unfortunately I think the only way to get it fixed is to call customer support. 

Trietn408
Explorer C

Do you know if I can check in at the airport? The customer line is ridiculously long right now.

HIQJQ79
Explorer C

Finally got through and I asked, they can yes you can check in at the airport. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Trietn408 wrote:

Do you know if I can check in at the airport? The customer line is ridiculously long right now.

Yes you can check in at the airport via the counter or one of the self service kiosks.

Remember though, that unless you are A list or have bought Early Bird Check in, that your boarding position is determined by when you check in. So it is your best interest to try to check in before you head to the airport.

HIQJQ79
Explorer C

Thank you! I have been on hold for 70 mins. Hopefully someone picks up soon. Did you get a C boarding pass?