Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can you please pause auto cancellation until this schedule chage chaos is sorted out?

encamped
Explorer C

I made four reservations for the later of the year and all of these were affected by the recent schedule change chaos. Not only I had to change the flight time, but I also had to re-schedule all of my trips.

I was finally able to change the hotel, rental cars etc for trip #1, so I updated the flight itinerary for the trip - then it turned out to be a conflict with one of my other future travels and the SW system automatically cancelled the entire segment of trip #2 without any notification nor processed the refund. I tried to contact C/S through phone or social media but it's almost impossible to be connected to solve this issue.

Until this trip change chaos is winding down, can you please pause the system-wide automatic cancellations? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can you please pause auto cancellation until this schedule chage chaos is sorted out?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Since this is a customer to customer forum you should submit your idea directly to Southwest

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Can you please pause auto cancellation until this schedule chage chaos is sorted out?

jksobonya
Aviator A

Southwest has been making changes to their schedules every couple of months as far back as 2019 when the MAX 8 disruption forced schedule changes to happen, and with the ongoing pandemic, schedule changes isn't something that Southwest can just "pause" at will.

Thanks,

Jessica

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

Southwest has been making changes to their schedules every couple of months as far back as 2019 when the MAX 8 disruption forced schedule changes to happen, and with the ongoing pandemic, schedule changes isn't something that Southwest can just "pause" at will.

Thanks,

Jessica

That's not what the OP is suggesting.