Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canceled Flight Suddenly Rebooked by SWA

Lacey8678
Explorer C

We are driving from LA to CA. Our flight for today was canceled. We are currently in a rental driving back and we just received a text message that our flight has been Rebooked by the airline for tomorrow. We have two kids, know about the luggage problems, and don't trust them not to cancel this rebook for tomorrow. 

How do we cancel/get our money back or change the flight to be out of Houston or Austin if we decided to do that? With all the people stranded we don't want to give up our rental and be stuck in Texas.... Thanks for any help! 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Canceled Flight Suddenly Rebooked by SWA

dfwskier
Aviator A

You normally cannot change departure or destination on a rebook, but here is how to ask for a refund

https://www.southwest.com/traveldisruption/?clk=CALLVOLUME_HPHERO_221227

Lacey8678
Explorer C

Thank you 

ParSWA
Adventurer B

"Southwest Airlines hopes to restore its full flight schedule by Friday" 

Southwest released this announcement today. We'll obviously have to wait and see if they actually deliver. I can't imagine carrying this disaster into New Years' Weekend.

If SWA will give you a full refund, I would suggest taking it if you can book on another airline. Good luck to you and your family, and I hope you make it home tomorrow.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/southwest-airlines-hopes-to-restore-its-full-flight-schedule-b...

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If it's an active reservation it should show up in your Southwest account or at least be able to manage it via the manage reservations option.  Then you can cancel it which also opens the seat for someone else to use it.  That cancellation will give you travel credits, but you can use the link @dfwskier shared to request a refund if you don't want credits to use later.

--TheMiddleSeat