Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canceled Kauai flights

gsking
Aviator C

Looks like they canceled all flights to Hawaii but one.  This happened within the last four days.  

My flights show up as canceled, but no travel funds have shown up or refund to points spent .  Any idea how long it takes for the refunds to process through?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Canceled Kauai flights

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Neither refunds nor travel funds happen without action on your part.

You'll have to contact Southwest.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Thanks for reaching out, @gsking. Echoing @dfwskier, we recommend you contact Southwest via the options in the link below. For 24/7/365 support, please call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA, message us on Twitter @Southwestair, or Facebook us. 

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

gsking
Aviator C

Okay, thanks.  I'm kinda surprised since I've gotten notified of every other canceled or adjusted flight I've had on Southwest.  To have neither notification nor refund automatically is a bit unexpected . 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@gsking wrote:

Okay, thanks.  I'm kinda surprised since I've gotten notified of every other canceled or adjusted flight I've had on Southwest.  To have neither notification nor refund automatically is a bit unexpected . 

Apologies for sure, because I know that's atypical. I know there's a lot of moving parts technologically in light of all the unprecedented circumstances, but that's just my speculation. Customer Relations will be able to take a look at your specific situation. Thanks as always for being here!

Nicole
Community Manager

SWDigits
Aviator A

From reports I'm seeing in discussion threads, both here and in other forums, you will need to insist on a refund when you contact Southwest if Southwest cancelled the flight.

Customer | Home airport DCA

gsking
Aviator C

This isn't an issue or question of refund vs. travel credit.  I'm happy to get either, because I know I'll fly again soon. 

It's just a bit surprising that it wasn't automatic. Everything else on their system is so well automated .  But I suppose it speaks to the fact that I fly them quite a bit and have never had a full cancellation (beyond minor itinerary adjustments)

Given that these are extraordinary time , I guess it's no shocker that things have to be done a bit more manually .