Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canceled flight and re-booking price increase.

BlondieBee
Explorer C

I had a mistaken flight cancellation on February 9, for a flight I am taking with my family on February 27. I tried to call the customer service number, and was on hold for hours, and could not wait any longer. I went on Twitter and sent a private message to Southwest. I explained my situation, and the agent said I could book the flight for the same price and only a couple dollars more, however I would have to call customer service, and she gave me a reference number. I called customer service, and once again, was on hold for over an hour and could not wait any longer. I called a third time today on February 10, and was told that the flight price changed minutes ago to a $50 increase. It was $69, and it went up to $120. I checked online, and all the other non-stop flights that day are still $69, except that one which I am supposed to go on with my family. I asked if I could have the same price, and was told that they could not honor the price since it had been over 24 hours since I called. They told me I could call back in the morning after 6:00am and ask to speak to a service coordinator. I am very disappointed.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Canceled flight and re-booking price increase.

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Did you cancel it or did weather?

Re: Canceled flight and re-booking price increase.

BlondieBee
Explorer C
Solution

I canceled it myself mistakenly, because I had 2 scheduled flights and canceled the wrong one. However, the past hour has been a wonderful turn of events. I went on Twitter again and messaged Southwest again, and a representative named Brenna helped me by putting a new reservation for me on hold for my original purchase price of $64, gave me a confirmation number, and said it would be on hold for 24 hours and all I have to do is call customer service to give them my payment in travel funds. I called and was connected immediately, and was helped by another very nice representative.

I suppose it probably helped to message and call in the middle of the night when they are not as busy and overworked. If anyone else has a similar problem, I would recommend to keep trying again on Twitter.

Shout out to Brenna!