Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canceling one party tkt of a group reservation

SKMTar1
Explorer C

Hello, 

Ive been calling customer service for 3 days- waiting over 2 hours and STILL no one answered to assist in managing this issue. 

How do I cancel 1 tkt for a member of our party , that has booked together, when they cant make the trip. Help would be appreciated!! ... And a rep-- any rep-- answering the phone would be even better!! 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Canceling one party tkt of a group reservation

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

If your flight isn't anytime soon wait until things settle down and call then.  Even better idea, since you can cancel up until 10 minutes prior to departure, wait until you are at the airport and have an agent do it there.  There's no benefit to cancelling earlier unless you're trying to use the travel funds immediately.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

If your flight isn't anytime soon wait until things settle down and call then.  Even better idea, since you can cancel up until 10 minutes prior to departure, wait until you are at the airport and have an agent do it there.  There's no benefit to cancelling earlier unless you're trying to use the travel funds immediately.

--TheMiddleSeat

Solution!...with minor clarification, if "they" are trying to use the travel funds, or if the fare was refundable. Otherwise...no rush, do it at the airport if phone lines are busy until then.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Might be worth trying to edit the reservation online, (I would recommend working from a laptop not the mobile app it would be easier to navigate), I am assuming you have multiple parties on one reservation. 

vhewtty1971
Explorer C

This is not an option either, I tried. Sorry, but the only way to do this... is at the airport.