Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancellation of reservations for Wanna Get Away ticket

Naomidaniels
Explorer B

I had a trip coming up to Las Vegas for a wedding on May 2 my reservation was for May 1 and everything is still shut down there and the wedding has been canceled and moved to another location for another date that I can not make. I had no intentions on traveling in the next year because of upcoming surgeries that will prevent me from travel as well as not know when this pandemic will give I have major health issues as well as family members that have major health issues that could cause serious complications as well as myself I need to know if I can get a refund and not travel funds now at times like this the money is needed more then travel funds being i wont be traveling and can not travel in the next year and even the next two years 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Cancellation of reservations for Wanna Get Away ticket

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

If Southwest cancels the flight then you are entitled to a refund. 

Otherwise for customer canceled flights of non-refundable fares they are sticking with travel funds the last I heard, however in the time frame you are describing the funds could be extended into 2021 as a special exception.

You can try calling customer service with the details, but any refund offer would be an exception against the policy.

Remember to cancel at least 10 minutes prior to the flight’s departure.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Don't do anything until a day or two before the flight.  If you get lucky and Southwest cancels the flight between now and then you can get a refund.  If the flight is still scheduled at that time then you can still cancel, but you'll get a travel fund as mentioned.

--TheMiddleSeat

marief715
Explorer C

I am hoping they do cancel, because If I cancel, I lose my money for early check-in. They should just allow everyone to cancel and refund any payments. This are hard times for everyone, and we should not have to lose any funds. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@marief715 wrote:

I am hoping they do cancel, because If I cancel, I lose my money for early check-in. They should just allow everyone to cancel and refund any payments. This are hard times for everyone, and we should not have to lose any funds. 

If you do have to cancel, reach out to Southwest (I recommend via Twitter or Facebook private message) and request a voucher for the EBCI.

Southwest early-boarding fee policy reversed after coronavirus backlash

Naomidaniels
Explorer B

They refunded my round trip on the Wanna Get Away ticket

Naomidaniels
Explorer B

After writing them they refunded my full fare 

Naomidaniels
Explorer B

I wrote the refund department explaining my issue hopefully they will understand but I will try calling too thanks 

Naomidaniels
Explorer B

They refunded my round trip