Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancellations

Osterdc
Explorer C

Why does Southwest have over 2,800 cancellations today when no other domestic airline has over 300? This is over 9 times as many cancellations as it’s nearest competitor. Something is terribly wrong with this airline. I would like an honest answer and not some pr bull. My flight was canceled and I can’t get out until Fri which is 4 more days. This is totally unacceptable 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cancellations

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You're welcome to write them and ask. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message or send a postal letter. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Cancellations

Nikki2023
Explorer A

I fly SW every month and have done for almost 2 decades. I had a holiday cancellation back in the 90s due to a flight attendant strike. I last flew on 12/1. My only complaint was no drink service. I booked and rebooked 3x this weekend (a flight reserved a month in advance) and all were canceled, one at 1 a.m. They were missing a pilot. He got there and then a flight attendant bailed. The website is down, the phones are down. The text messages are late and inaccurate. People are walking off the job at SW. In droves apparently. LAX Terminal 1 was a ghost town this weekend after flight after flight was canceled. Something is definitely, terribly wrong because they are a very reliable airline.