Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancelled Flight To Seattle

alexyoon89
Explorer C

I'm so pissed off and fuming right now. 

I was suppose to take an important trip out to Seattle today from Dallas, which was booked almost 2 months ago. But I get a text message saying that my flight got cancelled....no reason mentioned, no refund offered, no rebook automatically done.......absolutely nothing. Southwest has cancelled on me before (San Diego trip, Memorial Day Weekend) but at least they rebooked my flight for me. I did get a rebook link in my text message but they make the process so **bleep** hard when I have a companion pass and doing it on mobile is not easy. I try to rebook it myself on my laptop but nothing was available until this coming Sunday....at that point, what's the reason for going? I would be missing the most important things I had planned on attending. Not to mention, this messes with my hotel and rental car reservations. The costs add up. I don't even want a southwest credit. I legitimately want my money back.  

I get that the weather isn't great today, but I looked at the status of other flights to Seattle for today, and the ones right before and right after my original booking ARE NOT CANCELLED!!!! If weather is the reason for my cancellation, then why isn't it for those flights? Weather is great in Seattle right now, so I sure as hell know that ain't it. So where's the consistency? I would have taken a flight that's delayed at least, but to cancel it all together? Come on.

You know what I'm doing to ensure I get myself and my girlfriend to Seattle? I booked a flight to one of YOUR COMPETITORS (shoutout to American Airlines). And guess what? THEY'RE NOT CANCELLED TODAY (whoohooo!). Heck, they're even expected to take off on time. Even in this weather. Imagine that.

This was supposed to be my 5th Southwest trip in 2021 alone, with 8 more coming up later this year. That's 13 total. And a strong possibility that I will add a few more before 2021 is over. To say that I'm spending more than good money with you guys is an understatement. And to have to go through this experience has just been egregious. This is the type of service I get for the loyalty I have provided? Unacceptable. And speaking of loyalty, I'm starting to question if I should start directing my loyalty elsewhere because this is two trips in a row now that my flight has been cancelled. 

Next time, I certainly hope you don't pull this stunt again. At least provide some sort of help/compensation to alleviate. Otherwise, I may just refuse to fly Southwest all together and start communicating this experience to my friends, family, colleagues, and to the rest of the world. This is not how you should be treating any of your customers, especially your loyalty customers. 

I look forward to what you have to say in response.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Cancelled Flight To Seattle

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Flights get cancelled for many reason including weather. Sure your flight may arrive to Dallas and depart Seattle just fine however your crew may be stuck in a city where weather has delayed or cancelled them and you can't fly without a crew. 

You could always keep checking the website to see if a flight opens up as people cancel and miss connections all the time. 

You can also Contact Customer Relations to share your feedback and request a refund for the canceled flight that your are not taking. 

-Blake

christakp33
Explorer B

Honestly that's not a helpful statement 

alexyoon89
Explorer C

Agreed. That was an audacious statement from him. I don't appreciate his tone at all.

alexyoon89
Explorer C

Thanks for the Customer Relations resource. But I don't appreciate your tone and comments, it's not helpful at all. I understand things happen that causes cancellations. But Southwest can't do anything proactively? Delay the existing flight? Rebook to another flight? Refund? Anything? Like I said, my previous cancelled trip, they at least proactively rebooked my flight. Not ideal time and day but they at least rebooked it for me, so I was appreciative of that. But this time, nothing. I'm having to fend for myself.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Do you not realize this is a customer to customer forum?  A kind customer tries to provide some explanation for your situation and you want to berate him?  You have the contact info for Southwest because he was kind enough to provide it.  Good luck to you.

--TheMiddleSeat

christakp33
Explorer B

We are in this boat as well. No ok at all 

alexyoon89
Explorer C

I feel ya. Hope you are able to figure it out and get to your destination soon.