Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Cancelled Flight

AaronL80
Explorer C

I don't' expect them to bump someone else, but it sounds like that's exactly what they did to us. I'm sure the discussion when like this "hey we need to make room on this plane, lets cancel the family of 6 that would be easy".  Its really hard getting 6 seats last minute on a plane no that numbers have gone down, that's why we book as soon as it was available for our week. We've checked 2 days before or after our departure date and nothing is available. That's why I posted to see if any pros have any ideas. We are trying to get to Kona, HI  on March 12-19 (spring break which doesn't help) from Denver. 

bec102896
Aviator A

@AaronL80 

i just looked at DEN-KOA and you could go March 11th-18th you could get 6 people each way. You would need to reach out to reservations though so they can rebook you at the fare you originally had. 

-Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@AaronL80 wrote:

I don't' expect them to bump someone else, but it sounds like that's exactly what they did to us. I'm sure the discussion when like this "hey we need to make room on this plane, lets cancel the family of 6 that would be easy". 

No...if you go back and look at your flight information you should see that the flight number previously booked is gone from the schedule or moved significantly. 

It sounds like @bec102896 and @TheMiddleSeat  have found some workable flights - let us know you are able to book one of those paths.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@AaronL80  Did this get resolved?  I totally understand your frustration. Whenever SW has cancelled one of my flights, they have always taken care of me and made things right. I hope you have the same experience. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Derek_H
Explorer C

My flight was booked 2 months ago.   Without notice from SW (friend told me) my flight was changed from a Friday to a Saturday.   So, I can either be stranded in Punta Cana at the airport for another day, or cancel my trip.    My hotel was booked July 4, 2020 for my retirement trip with several other couples.   

SW cannot be counted on.   They did this to me last year and prevented me from attending my God Daughters wedding by changing dates on flights without notice.   My trip leaving on a Thursday morning returning on a Monday afternoon (Saturday wedding) flight was changed leaving Saturday morning and returning Saturday afternoon!   No time to drive to the wedding to attend in order to make the return flight.  

WOW.   Not even a courtesy of an email.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We're so sorry for letting you down, @Derek_H. As a peer-to-peer forum, we are not equipped to assist you here. I encourage you to Contact Customer Relations for assistance with the schedule change.  

Nicole
Community Manager

jmccoy
Explorer C

Had flight today for 9:05 am 3hour drive to airport SW canceled my flight at 6:33 am. Commonsense to notify me at least 12 hours before flight or better het 24 hours. Only response was SORRY.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jmccoy You assume Southwest knew it needed to cancel the flight earlier than they did. Could have been a mechanical issue noticed by staff early in the morning, weather, crew called in sick after waking up, etc, etc...

--TheMiddleSeat

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@jmccoy We're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, cancellations can happen at anytime. As a Customer-to-Customer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but I encourage you to Contact Customer Relations with your concerns.

Nicole
Community Manager