Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancelled flight, hold times, refund.

Blvandemark
Explorer C

After cancelling flight on 12/26 with no options provided for rescheduling, just completely cancelled. Not delayed, not bumped to another flight just cancelled I was forced to call customer service. 7.5 hours!!!!  I finally got a human. She worked very hard to find a replacement flight. Found one 4 days later on our return day. she said if I could return later I could rebook on line. But to get a refund (not Travel Funds) or to split out one of the 3 tickets to travel and refund two of the tickets I’d need to call back. After discussing with my family we decided to cancel. I’ve tried calling back for the last 36 hours. Last night I was on hold for 6 hours before call just hung up! Tonight I was on hold for 5 hours before call just hung up. I’ve tried cancelling on line but it just gives me the Travel fund option, no refund option. Started another call 2 hours ago. So far so good. Music is still going. But i can’t afford to stay awake all night again to just get hung up on. How do I get my refund before my return flight on Friday so I don’t get stuck with unusable travel funds?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cancelled flight, hold times, refund.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Refunds can be requested here:

https://www.southwest.com/traveldisruption/

Although it sounds like you are looking to complete part of your itinerary? If so, I would suggest completing travel then request the refund. Refunds will take some time to process so you won't be able to access the money immediately. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Cancelled flight, hold times, refund.

Blvandemark
Explorer C

Thank you. I finally got through!  

total hold time of 10 hours. 

And the agent did confirm that because I bought non refundable Wanna Get Away tickets, I had to request refund through the customer service line.