Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Cancelled flight refund

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@mlathus additionally, is the request flights on Southwest only or did you book a package through Southwest Vacations?

--TheMiddleSeat

mlathus
Explorer C

You are just bored aren’t you? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@mlathus so you just want to complain and don't want any help. Good luck! 

--TheMiddleSeat

mlathus
Explorer C

I’m sorry but your responses  make you sound like you’re simply trolling. Yes, I booked through southwest directly. I have tried every avenue. My son spent five days in 2 different airports in the Midwest and never made it to his destination before being returned back to his originating airport.

my last hope is the news outlet that will hopefully air within a few days and possibly prompt a response. Thank you for your time.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@mlathus ok, now that you have finally provided a tiny bit of information I will say it was seen where someone who was enroute and had a connection canceled was initially not eligible for a refund as it was seen that the person started the trip and was not eligible for a refund. After taking a second look at the trip Southwest did issue a refund. The key is to specifically say that's what happened. You may think I'm trolling, but I was just trying to get details and the details are SUPER important. If you are just screaming "give me a refund" you're not going to get anywhere. Send a new message stating very clearly the trip was started and was unable to be completed when the connection was canceled. Include the confirmation number, passenger names, dates, flight numbers, specifying which flight number was completed and which was canceled, and information about how the passenger returned home from the connection point. ALL the details! Then say that since the trip was unable to be completed you would like a full refund back to the original form of payment.

--TheMiddleSeat

mlathus
Explorer C

Really? You think I haven’t checked every location, option, phone number, email, really?