Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancelled flight

Shannonc1488
Explorer C

My 14 yr old daughter was on a flight out of Ft Lauderdale at 11:40am with a connecting flight in Baltimore. While she was on the plane her connecting flight in Baltimore was cancelled. She was rescheduled for a flight the following day which was impossible. She ended up getting a flight to Manchester instead of Logan tonight arriving at 7pm. Now not only is her flight arrival over 3 hrs later, but Manchester is over 2 hrs away. To top it off her luggage won’t be with her. We have to drive to Logan tomorrow to get it. Customer service offered a $100 voucher which is a smack in the face. Is there anything I can do?? I paid almost $400 for her original flight, now why I will be spending in gas and tolls to this other airport is well over $100. SW didn’t even offer a refund for all of this, pretty much told me I’m lucky they offered $100 voucher.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cancelled flight

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

You can try reaching out via Twitter to Customer Service but sometimes, that's really what they can do (unfortunately). They might also be able to provide a refund for gas, food, etc/

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Shannonc1488
Explorer C

I called, then reached out via Facebook messenger. I will try Twitter as well.

Thank you.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest canceled a part of your flight, you could have requested a full refund back to the original form of payment. It is a little more difficult since the trip had already started, you could have requested to be returned back to FLL. You accepted the change to the itinerary and thus accepted the additional costs and drive time. I'm not sure what you expect to happen now that after the fact, the time for negotiating was before you accepted the itinerary change. The best answer appears to have been "sorry, that won't work for me and since you canceled part of my trip I would like a trip home and a refund so I can use another carrier". 

--TheMiddleSeat

Shannonc1488
Explorer C

I’m not in Baltimore and due to health reasons she needs to be home today. Also home is Boston, not Fort Lauderdale so flying back also was not a option. They flight was not cancelled prior to her first flight it was cancelled while en route. 
Not to mention they just cancelled her new flight to Manchester and the earliest time now is tomorrow at 3pm.

what are the options now?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As I stated earlier, "sorry, that won't work for me and since you canceled part of my trip I would like a refund so I can use another carrier"

--TheMiddleSeat