Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancelled flight

tusiona
Explorer C

Hello all, during Christmas time . My flight from Denver CO to San Diego CA was cancelled 2 times. No competition, no help with hotel. I with my family was needed to flight back on December 24 , at day of the flight it was cancelled. I was needed to wait in the line for 4 hours to rebook it to December 26. And it was cancelled again. Again I was needed to wait in the line 4 hours to get answer that southwest doesn't have flight and I need to wait additional 3 days without promise that my flight will not be cancelled again. So now I will need to drive 16 hours to get home. It was the worth experience and I will never use this company again. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Cancelled flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear this is happening to you.

Unfortunately, t's happening to passengers on all airlines,  Over 13,000 flights were cancelled between Wednesday and Sunday - that's over 1,500,000 passengers,  and  CNN is reporting a minimum of another 1300 flights cancelled today.

Combine trying to rebook over 1,500,000 passengers on any planes actually flying that were, due to the holiday, probably already fully booked, and you have disaster. - on all airlines. 

SWAnotherWokeCo
Adventurer C

Yes, everyone has a right to be angry with SW. We saw it at the airport. The worst part, is that SW personnel really don't care and will be nasty, rude and simply tell you things that are not true. SW really needs to retrain and return their employees to customer service. I don't know where SW priorities are these days but it isn't customer service.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Yup, Southwest is melting down and it is pretty disgusting.

Put yourself in the shoes of those employees, though. They are being beaten on by really unhappy passengers hour after hour after hour - and now  day after day after day.

If you were one of those employees, would you be bright and chipper?