Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cannot add companion--and hold times are 120 minutes. Please help!

TimH
Explorer C

I completed one leg of my round trip with my wife as companion.  Then last night I wanted to explore going back home earlier, but the website said I would have to cancel her flight first, so I did that.  Next I made my change to an earlier time and that is all set, but now I can find no link to click on to add her as my companion on the flight--meaning at this moment she has no flight back home!

I saw online where someone said only an agent can help with this, but needless to say it will be difficult to stay on hold for two hours and make sure I don't miss the agent when they do come online.  Is there anything I can do other than buy her a ticket?  TIA

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cannot add companion--and hold times are 120 minutes. Please help!

dfwskier
Aviator A

have you tried the cell "chat" function

Alternatively, there are other ways to reach Southwest.

click on "contact us" below.

All of the above are MUCH BETTER ways of contacting the airline.

TimH
Explorer C

I found a place to communicate via Facebook messenger, so I have my question actively holding there, and of course I am trying the community approach here.  But I am not familiar with how to do cell chat, so any detailed guidance will be appreciaed.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TimH wrote:

I found a place to communicate via Facebook messenger, so I have my question actively holding there, and of course I am trying the community approach here.  But I am not familiar with how to do cell chat, so any detailed guidance will be appreciaed.

click on the southwest app

on the page that allows you to access various options, scroll down to "contact us" and then click on chat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I'd use Twitter dm for the quickest reply.

FYI: The "chat" function in the app has been down more than it's been up for the past several weeks (at least).

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 12.48.21 PM.png